Why become a member? ×

CARDIFF. SOUTH WALES BASS BASH MARCH 2013 CONFIRMED SATURDAY 23rd MARCH

gelfin

[size=5][b]Just a reminder that Cardiff bass bash is almost upon us[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]Details below[/b][/size]

DATE NOW CONFIRMED: SATURDAY 23rd MARCH

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]OK it's taken a bit of time to book it but I have had to make it the Saturday 23rd March. (Sorry Rich)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The venue as beore is Park End Church CF23 6EG[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Llandenis rd.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Map details below[/font][/color]

[url="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parkend+church+cardiff&rlz=1C1_____en-gbGB479GB479&aq=1&oq=parkend+ch&aqs=chrome.2.57j0l3j60.11202&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plenty of parking space in it's own car park and no major gasworks this time so access is easy.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As before the venue is free, so is tea and coffee. (on a help yourself basis)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time wise I suggest starting around 2pm and going on to around 6pm.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Venue rules are No smoking in the premises and NO alcohol.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Although all is free I feel it would be nice to have a donations box, the contents going to the Church for tea coffee etc.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those that missed it last time.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are two rooms to use. A large hall where most congregate and a smaller room which is for more quieter kit!!![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mudmover, thanks for the offer of drum kit but we already have a few available at the venue.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If anyone wants to bring a drummer friend or guitarist they are welcome.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I will likely have a drummer & guitarist around but if more come no worries, more jam sessions.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pass the word around and let's make it better than before.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Edited to put info at top of thread.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi all. Sorry I haven't come up with a date for the next Cardiff / Welsh Bass Bash yet but I have been a little busy.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway it was suggested that we try for February but now I think March may be a better idea.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The venue will be the same if that's all fine with you guys and a Saturday will be the only day that the Church is free enough.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those that came to the last one I would appreciate any suggestions that may improve on the day and perhaps grow the attendance.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]as soon as I have a free Sat in March I will let you know. When it is finalised I will start a new thread to promote it[/font][/color]

Edited by gelfin

I don't think many improvements could be made on the day, I thought it was fabulous last time and the venue was perfect.

As for growing attendance, I think the sooner we can get a date in the diary and promote it the better!

I for one can't wait for the next one!

probably best to avoid the first weekend in March as thats the London Bass show (not that I can go, as my sisters baby is due that weekend and I'm having my nephew whilst she's having the baby!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

If it turns out that the Church is free on 16th. Then we could all watch the match on our large projection screen and listen via PA system.
I was hoping for 23rd but that seems a bit iffy for some.
March 30th is out as Church is very busy over Easter weekend.
If March is getting complicated then we could consider April 6th.

Chay, I just DON'T do mornings sorry.

OK it's taken a bit of time to book it but I have had to make it the Saturday 23rd March. (Sorry Rich)

The venue as beore is Park End Church CF23 6EG
Llandenis rd.

Map details below

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parkend+church+cardiff&rlz=1C1_____en-gbGB479GB479&aq=1&oq=parkend+ch&aqs=chrome.2.57j0l3j60.11202&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Plenty of parking space in it's own car park and no major gasworks this time so access is easy.

As before the venue is free, so is tea and coffee. (on a help yourself basis)

Time wise I suggest starting around 2pm and going on to around 6pm.

Venue rules are No smoking in the premises and NO alcohol.

Although all is free I feel it would be nice to have a donations box, the contents going to the Church for tea coffee etc.

For those that missed it last time.

There are two rooms to use. A large hall where most congregate and a smaller room which is for more quieter kit!!!

Mudmover, thanks for the offer of drum kit but we already have a few available at the venue.
If anyone wants to bring a drummer friend or guitarist they are welcome.
I will likely have a drummer & guitarist around but if more come no worries, more jam sessions.

Pass the word around and let's make it better than before

[quote name='Jabba_the_gut' timestamp='1360622816' post='1973733']
I've not been to one of these type of events before - sounds like a nice social event. Just curious really but what's the kind of set-up for the day? What sorts of stuff do folk bring with them and how many folk turn up?

Cheers
[/quote]

It seems there are no hard and fast rules. Just a nice social time. People can bring as much kit as they like and turn up when they like.
My practise room is at the Church so pretty much all my kit is there already. Ideally you bring your bass rig with you. Plug in wherever is convenient
and make some deep sounds. Meet the people behind the avatars. Try out some other basses & amps etc.

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1360660818' post='1974012']

It seems there are no hard and fast rules. Just a nice social time. People can bring as much kit as they like and turn up when they like.
My practise room is at the Church so pretty much all my kit is there already. Ideally you bring your bass rig with you. Plug in wherever is convenient
and make some deep sounds. Meet the people behind the avatars. Try out some other basses & amps etc.
[/quote]

Cheers for the details. I'll see if I'm free and try to come along.

Thanks