Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

The bass has been succesfully gigged with Sea Bass Kid and Jen and the Gents, and is now with McNach. I hope McNach has better photos than I do!
I used it for the last song of our set, and our singer Jen was particularly excited about the Quo connection. We got a wee bit in the collecting tins too, those are also with McNach so I'm not sure how much we've raised yet. So, who's next?

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1387822569' post='2316147']
Handsome Young Man Alert!!

Handsome Young Man Alert!!
[/quote]

...nope the photos just to dark to spot him! :D

How many shifts have ye done now Donny ? Impressive stuff !

Well done everyone and happy new year ! :hi:

The bass is now with me, after the gig(s) on Friday... I have a couple of pictures to post too :) I'll get that sorted later today...

What we also need is somebody else to take over! Surely there must be someone else near Edinburgh interested!
I am probably going to be in Newcastle tomorrow afternoon, so that's a possibility too...

Interesting handover shot there - was I trying to stab you with it? And that Fender Rumble combo is probably not the finest backline the bass has seen. It didn't exactly sound bad, but it was rather buried by the other things onstage. I had fun playing the bass though. I would have played it for more than one song, but the end of our set crept up on me..

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1389280866' post='2332301']
Interesting handover shot there - was I trying to stab you with it?
[/quote]

Calm and placid on the outside, but this man has a lot of anger inside, as the picture clearly demonstrates :P

About that Fender combo... indeed, it was a very disappointing setup. They had a small PA and there was barely any bass through it, I suspect because of its limitations. I almost wanted to go back home and bring my rig...
Playing there again in a few weeks, I'll bring my amp/cabs this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo , and indeed, hoo!! :)

We had another classic handover with Jose ( mcnach) and bassist_lewis on Thursday in Edinburgh prior to Lewis using it last night a gig at Malones.

If anyone could use it on the 16 Feb to mark the first anniversary , that'd be grand. :party: :drinks:

Right here's the big pic, ta-dah! :thank_you:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1391298461' post='2355612']
Anyone planning to take the Baton to the LBGS this year too? I wouldn't be able to look after it, but I could take photos of it with BC members and any celeb who might get hijacked for the purpose :)
[/quote]

With how things are going, I believe it'll still be in Scotland whilst LBGS is on this year.

I'm sure arrangements could be made if someone wanted to do the LBGS.

The only thing arranged up these parts that I'm aware of, is that Mr Alan Lancaster, the original Status Quo bassman , has agreed to support the Relay and would be delighted to get his photo taken with it when they play in Glasgow in April.