Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1410628973' post='2551454']
Birmingham! Still waiting for an to pass the baton on to. Interested?
[/quote]

I'm in Northern Ireland buddy. Was wondering just how far north the bass had come. I'm not in a band currently, so have no place to use the bass, but if it came this length, I think I could maybe encourage a couple of local bassists to use it. That was all I was thinking, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm starting to feel that the bass relay has run it's course. Are any other BCers interested in taking a go before I consider pulling it?

A big thank you to everyone's continued efforts throughout the relay, I really cannot thank you all enough for everything you've all done.

Thanks,

James

Well done James , it is you who deserves the praise , everyone else just played the thing :D

It is a shame that it has come to a bit of a stop , but is sometimes the way of things , I guess it is up to the BC massive to decide if they want to pick up the baton, literately.

A last ROLL UP , ROLL UP , and take the chance to raise some money for cancer research and be a part of a great event .

Maybe auction it off now then with T-shirt and book , or keep the bits for your bottom drawer :P

OK, what I reckon, is that we leave it for one more week. If there is no further interest or no one steps forward, I'll declare the relay over. I'll save the kind words/speech until then 😛 Once again, thank you everyone for your continued support and efforts.

Cheers

James

OH flippin heck I forgot all about it :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm gigging at the white Horse in Harborne tomorrow and meant to offer to pick it up!

It's probably too late now but I can pick it up tomorrow if it's not.....or.....I am back there on the 17th of October and can use it then?
SOOOOOOO sorry ....my memory is terrible!

Edited by Raymondo

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1411764277' post='2562675']
OH flippin heck I forgot all about it :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm gigging at the white Lion in Harborne tomorrow and meant to offer to pick it up!

It's probably too late now but I can pick it up tomorrow if it's not.....or.....I am back there on the 17th of October and can use it then?
SOOOOOOO sorry ....my memory is terrible!
[/quote]
get in touch with GrammeFriday he's still got it...

[attachment=172821:bass relay 2.jpg][attachment=172822:bass relay.jpg]

I think I might have worked out how to upload the pictures at last!
Sorry about the quality,Our guitarists wife used my phone to take lots of pics.....unfortunately she was also dancing at the same time,these two were the clearest!

Edited by Raymondo

This was my first gig back with my old band after a two year break,funnily enough at the venue I played my last gig with them!

It was a great night most people were happy to donate a little and listened when I explained what Neil and I were doing posing for photos and waving the Purple beauty about (now now,keep your naughty thoughts to yourselves!).

The PB is now in Nottingham awaiting it's next adventure.
I am happy to drive anywhere in the country ,with enough notice, to hand it over, so please offer your services....lets keep this going!

Regards
Ray

• 2 weeks later...

I am taking the bass down to The White Swan in Trowbridge on Saturday the 25th of October to hand it over to sbrag at his gig there...nice little B&B booked so that I can enjoy a pint or two and watch the gig.....my first time in Trowbridge...come and join us!!