1164 replies to this topic

#1141 lurksalot

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Interests:mostly base ........oh and bass

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

well done indeed my friend , a great achievement
When I said lower the frequency , I didn't mean only on christmas and birthdays, blue moons Preston Guilds

Please Vote in the BC Monthly Challenges , composition and photographic , you know it makes sense.

BassChat Terms & Conditions ............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines ............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#1142 Dad3353

Basschat Lifer

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Attached Image: monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif Attached Image: monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif Attached Image: monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif
Have a nice day
Dad3353 (Douglas...)

BassChat Terms & Conditions............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#1143 Skol303

Needs to get out more

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Well done! This sort of thing is what makes BC special :drinks:

#1144 Jimryan

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Beer, brewing and Zelda

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

A little message from my local CRUK Fundraising manager

"At Cancer Research UK we believe that innovation is essential for success. Whether it is our researchers, scientists or our fundraisers, we know that looking for new ways of doing things and by embracing technology we can speed up progress to beat cancer sooner.

The Bass Relay has inspired us at Cancer Research UK because a brilliant sum, £2,300 and counting, has been raised through supporters all over the country who have worked together as a virtual group united through Basschat. This virtual way of fundraising is relatively new and you’ve given us a glimpse of the future and the way that online groups could impact our work.

We are so grateful for everyone’s support with the Bass Relay because every pound raised will mean a step closer to the day when all cancers are cured. And there are all sorts of ways that your fundraising could help…

For example, the sum you’ve raised is more than half the money needed to help us to buy a clever machine that can make 80,000 copies of DNA in just one second, like a turbo-charged genetic photocopier! If you want to understand what makes a cancer cell tick you need to get your hands on the cell’s DNA- and lots of it. Scientists can use these machines to scrutinise individual sets of instructions in the DNA to work out which errors in the code lead to cancer – helping to diagnose patients sooner, saving more lives.

Thank you so much to everyone at Basschat who helped to make the Bass Relay such a fundraising success. One day we will beat cancer, thank you for helping to make that day sooner.

Best wishes,

Hayley"
Proud to be involved in THE Bass Relay ....Bassists raising money for Cancer Research UK! ...Map of Honour

Follow the Bass Relay on Facebook ......... ....Follow the Bass Relay on Twitter .... ... ..... Donate at Just Giving

Feedback - http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1

#1145 iamtheelvy

I can go anywhere...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Atonal Psychedelic Jazz Punk Funk Fusion. And cats.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

Good stuff!
iamtheelvy on the web:

iamtheelvy.wix.com/iamtheelvy
facebook.com/iamtheelvy
twitter.com/iamtheelvy
youtube.com/user/iamtheelvy
iamtheelvy.wordpress.com

Gigging and session work down on the south coast.

#1146 Donnyboy

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostJimryan, on 26 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

"At Cancer Research UK we believe that innovation is essential for success. Whether it is our researchers, scientists or our fundraisers, we know that looking for new ways of doing things and by embracing technology we can speed up progress to beat cancer sooner.

The Bass Relay has inspired us at Cancer Research UK because a brilliant sum, £2,300 and counting, has been raised through supporters all over the country who have worked together as a virtual group united through Basschat. This virtual way of fundraising is relatively new and you've given us a glimpse of the future and the way that online groups could impact our work.

We are so grateful for everyone's support with the Bass Relay because every pound raised will mean a step closer to the day when all cancers are cured. And there are all sorts of ways that your fundraising could help…

For example, the sum you've raised is more than half the money needed to help us to buy a clever machine that can make 80,000 copies of DNA in just one second, like a turbo-charged genetic photocopier! If you want to understand what makes a cancer cell tick you need to get your hands on the cell's DNA- and lots of it. Scientists can use these machines to scrutinise individual sets of instructions in the DNA to work out which errors in the code lead to cancer – helping to diagnose patients sooner, saving more lives.

Thank you so much to everyone at Basschat who helped to make the Bass Relay such a fundraising success. One day we will beat cancer, thank you for helping to make that day sooner.

Best wishes,

Hayley"

Brilliant!!!

#1147 lurksalot

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Interests:mostly base ........oh and bass

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Quality response to a great idea
When I said lower the frequency , I didn't mean only on christmas and birthdays, blue moons Preston Guilds

Please Vote in the BC Monthly Challenges , composition and photographic , you know it makes sense.

BassChat Terms & Conditions ............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines ............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#1148 MiltyG565

Low end offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  • Interests:Music, cars, hockey, life.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostJimryan, on 26 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

The Bass Relay has inspired us at Cancer Research UK because a brilliant sum, £2,300 and counting, has been raised through supporters all over the country who have worked together as a virtual group united through Basschat. This virtual way of fundraising is relatively new and you've given us a glimpse of the future and the way that online groups could impact our work.

We are so grateful for everyone's support with the Bass Relay because every pound raised will mean a step closer to the day when all cancers are cured. And there are all sorts of ways that your fundraising could help…

For example, the sum you've raised is more than half the money needed to help us to buy a clever machine that can make 80,000 copies of DNA in just one second, like a turbo-charged genetic photocopier! If you want to understand what makes a cancer cell tick you need to get your hands on the cell's DNA- and lots of it. Scientists can use these machines to scrutinise individual sets of instructions in the DNA to work out which errors in the code lead to cancer – helping to diagnose patients sooner, saving more lives.

Best wishes,

Hayley"

Fantastic!

It's really good to know that the money goes to something really useful, like the DNA copier thing.

You've put a lot of effort into this, James, and the rewards are there to be seen. You've raised loads of money, and I think that BC as a whole is proud of that.

Perhaps someday in the future, people will be able to shrug-off a cancer diagnosis as "no big thing".

Well done :)
Click here to see my feedback.

#1149 mcnach

Honey Badger

• Members
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:All things musical and bass in particular

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostMiltyG565, on 26 February 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Fantastic!

It's really good to know that the money goes to something really useful, like the DNA copier thing.

You've put a lot of effort into this, James, and the rewards are there to be seen. You've raised loads of money, and I think that BC as a whole is proud of that.

Perhaps someday in the future, people will be able to shrug-off a cancer diagnosis as "no big thing".

Well done :)

They are really useful!!! One of ours broke this week and it'll take a few weeks to get it back. We have two more, but we're all panicking, that's how cool they are! :lol:

bass player with Sea Bass Kid - http://www.facebook.com/seabasskid & http://www.seabasskid.org

and ska/reggae band Urang Matang - https://www.facebook.com/urang.matang & http://www.urangmatang.com

(1) MusicMan Stingray (2002, 2EQ - now with John East MMSR 3-band preamp), natural with maple fingerboard.
(2) MusicMan SUB (2003, 2EQ). white/rosewood
(3) Squier Jazz (1994) red, with J-Retro
(4) Maruszczyk Jake 4 P/JJ (2015), natural, maple fingerboard
(5) Fender Precision Classic 50 (2014), fiesta red, maple fingerboard

and also:
Maruszczyk Jake 4 revP (2015), red, maple fingerboard / Maruszczyk Jake 4 Jazz (2017), trans-purple/maple / Squier Precision JJ Matt Freeman (2014) vintage white & maple
JHS Vintage EJM96 Jazz (2005), black/rosewood / Squier Precision Mike Dirnt (2007) olympic white maple / Sue Ryder RP-1 (2011) fretless white /
-
MarkBass LM3 (2009) +
TKS S112 (x2) / Barefaced Two10 (x2)
Busking amp: QTX QR10PA (rechargeable battery)
-

#1150 MiltyG565

Low end offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  • Interests:Music, cars, hockey, life.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

View Postmcnach, on 26 February 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

They are really useful!!! One of ours broke this week and it'll take a few weeks to get it back. We have two more, but we're all panicking, that's how cool they are! :lol:

I knew you'd be along to describe the significance of the machine :D It sounds cool. I want one, but for cookies.
Click here to see my feedback.

#1151 mcnach

Honey Badger

• Members
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:All things musical and bass in particular

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostMiltyG565, on 26 February 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

I knew you'd be along to describe the significance of the machine :D It sounds cool. I want one, but for cookies.

hmmmm, DNA cookies... extra magnesium chloride for those if you like them savoury :P

bass player with Sea Bass Kid - http://www.facebook.com/seabasskid & http://www.seabasskid.org

and ska/reggae band Urang Matang - https://www.facebook.com/urang.matang & http://www.urangmatang.com

(1) MusicMan Stingray (2002, 2EQ - now with John East MMSR 3-band preamp), natural with maple fingerboard.
(2) MusicMan SUB (2003, 2EQ). white/rosewood
(3) Squier Jazz (1994) red, with J-Retro
(4) Maruszczyk Jake 4 P/JJ (2015), natural, maple fingerboard
(5) Fender Precision Classic 50 (2014), fiesta red, maple fingerboard

and also:
Maruszczyk Jake 4 revP (2015), red, maple fingerboard / Maruszczyk Jake 4 Jazz (2017), trans-purple/maple / Squier Precision JJ Matt Freeman (2014) vintage white & maple
JHS Vintage EJM96 Jazz (2005), black/rosewood / Squier Precision Mike Dirnt (2007) olympic white maple / Sue Ryder RP-1 (2011) fretless white /
-
MarkBass LM3 (2009) +
TKS S112 (x2) / Barefaced Two10 (x2)
Busking amp: QTX QR10PA (rechargeable battery)
-

#1152 Jimryan

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

Mornin all,

On Saturday I met up with Steve in Romsey for the final handover. We sat down and had a little chat (he's a lovely guy), did the handover and went our separate ways. The bass is now back at mine and one night this week I'll count up how much is in the collection pots and donate the total. When I get a chance (and if there's enough interest), I'll scan/type up the travel log, print them and have them binded and send them out to anyone that wants them for a small donation to cover costs.

Thank you once again for everyone that has helped out with this project, getting it up and running and seeing it this far...

Posted Image
Proud to be involved in THE Bass Relay ....Bassists raising money for Cancer Research UK! ...Map of Honour

Follow the Bass Relay on Facebook ......... ....Follow the Bass Relay on Twitter .... ... ..... Donate at Just Giving

#1153 skidder652003

Laura Ashley school of Bass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:The awesome power of rock of course!
    Fine wine and cider!
    Gear:
    Squier 82 JV P/J
    75 Fender P with mods

Ampeg SVT-CL
    Ampeg 410 SVT-HLF
    Dave Hall - VT2 tube preamp
    boss compressor
    TU3 Tuner
    Pearl Phase
    EHX bassballs

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Great to meet you mate, thank you for raising so much for such a great universal cause that must have affected everyone here at some point in their lives. Next time we meet, my round!

Edited by skidder652003, 12 March 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#1154 TheGreek

..Seeking enlightenment..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Great work Jim, actually inspiring that such a simple idea has made such a difference....

I value everybody's opinion...especially when it's the same as mine

For Sale

Effects Clearout - http://basschat.co.u...fects-clearout/

Spector Euro LX5 - http://basschat.co.u...ector-euro-lx5/

Tanglewater Aspiration - http://basschat.co.u...ood-aspiration/

BC Nanyo - http://basschat.co.u...lection-nanyos/

TE Combos - http://basschat.co.u...gp7-300w-combo/

See what others have to say: http://basschat.co.u...k-for-thegreek/

#1155 chrismuzz

Rhythm Guitarist Drowner Outer

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,262 posts
  • Interests:Fret Clank, Overdrive

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Yep, an absolutely brilliant idea, and I couldn't be more proud to have been a part of it :) Well done to Jim and all involved! This is gonna take some beating!!

Edited by chrismuzz, 14 May 2015 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

BASSES:
Peavey T-40 | Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio | Peavey Zodiac BXP | Peavey International Series 4 | Peavey International Series 5 | Peavey Grind 6 | Peavey Grind 6

PEDALBOARD:
Stageclix Jack Wireless | SFX Micro Thumpinator | Aguilar
TLC | Darkglass B3K | SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI | Ashdown Lomenzo Hyperdrive | ISP Decimator | Zoom B3
AMP:
Peavey Classic 400 | Markbass CL104

MISC:
Elixir strings | Entwistle pickups | Whirlwind cables | Rock-Wire Cables | Levy's Leather | Diago pedalboards & accessories

My Feedback

BassChat Terms & Conditions - Forum Behaviour Guidelines - Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#1156 TimR

Undercover Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

How many people participated in the end?
It doesn't matter how bad you are, if you enjoy it stick at it. There will always be a couple people who are worse than you and somebody will be making money from them.

My Gear:
Good Ears.
Fast fingers.
One of those bass guitar thingies and a loud amp.

#1157 Raymondo

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:Obviously music.Football,travel and history ..in any order they present themselves!

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

There is a tee shirt signed by everyone that took part so it shouldn't be too difficult to work out.

#1158 Jimryan

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

I'll get the shirt out over the weekend and have a count up.

#1159 Donnyboy

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostJimryan, on 15 August 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I'll get the shirt out over the weekend and have a count up.

How about a wee photo of the shirt & the now resting adventurer?

#1160 Jimryan

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay with this...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'll add them to FB and Instagram for people to tag and share if they wish.

#1161 Jimryan

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

It's also just occurred to me, I never got round to posting the thank you letter we all got. Sorry guys...

Posted Image

Edited by Jimryan, 21 August 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#1162 Len_derby

Can you feel the farce?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the pictures James, great memories of a great project.
Like all of us who were involved I made a lot of new friends as a a side benefit.
What's also interesting is that a lot of the Basschat 'big gobs' (as we'd call them in the East Mids) were nowhere to be seen in the relay.
Anyway, that aside, what a brilliant thing to be a part of.

#1163 Donnyboy

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostLen_derby, on 21 August 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

Thanks for the pictures James, great memories of a great project. Like all of us who were involved I made a lot of new friends as a a side benefit. What's also interesting is that a lot of the Basschat 'big gobs' (as we'd call them in the East Mids) were nowhere to be seen in the relay. Anyway, that aside, what a brilliant thing to be a part of.

Good comment there Len.

View PostJimryan, on 21 August 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hi guys, Sorry for the delay with this... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image I'll add them to FB and Instagram for people to tag and share if they wish.

Great to see these photos James.

#1164 TimR

Undercover Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Nice one Jim. That's 31 of us raising an average of nearly £80 a gig each.

Well done everyone. :)
It doesn't matter how bad you are, if you enjoy it stick at it. There will always be a couple people who are worse than you and somebody will be making money from them.

My Gear:
Good Ears.
Fast fingers.
One of those bass guitar thingies and a loud amp.

#1165 Dmanlamius

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

I wondered what happened to this. I was fourth on that there list. :D

Fantastic achievment, and its great to see a unique idea come to fruition. Well done!

Learning BASS made easy:

Learnbass.net

Direct link to my youtube channel---

Current Bass: Musicman Stingray.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users