Why become a member? ×

Plexi Precision - first (and last!) stand-up gig *Maybe not...*

Telebass

[size=4][font=Verdana,Arial][font=Verdana,Arial][font=Verdana,Arial]Well, the bass sounds great at gig volumes. But two songs in, and it was history! I can still feel it 18 hours later! :blink:[/font][/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial][font=Verdana,Arial][font=Verdana,Arial]But for home/sit-down gigs/rehearsal/recording - it's the one![/font][/font][/font]
:lol:[/size]

Edited by Telebass

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1358702654' post='1943648']
[font=Verdana,Arial]Well, the bass sounds great at gig volumes. But two songs in, and it was history! I can still feel it 18 hours later! :blink:[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial]But for home/sit-down gigs/rehearsal/recording - it's the one![/font]
:lol:
[/quote]

Doh! Seems a bit silly to have a really cool plexi bass and keep it hidden away though :(

Edited by uncle psychosis

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1358702654' post='1943648']
[size=4][font=Verdana,Arial]Well, the bass sounds great at gig volumes. But two songs in, and it was history! I can still feel it 18 hours later! :blink:[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial]But for home/sit-down gigs/rehearsal/recording - it's the one![/font]
:lol:[/size]
[/quote]

A bass designed for maximum visual impact isn't going to get seen then? Seems a little odd tbh :blink:

No, it's one built by a Basschatter. For those that didn't see the build diary, here's links to the final pics from the build.

It doesn't wear the Badass any more, but apart from that and some new TI Jazz Flats, it's the same. Swapping out the Badass saved nearly half a pound!

I have ordered a Sling Strap from Slinger Straps and see if I can gig it a bit more using that. The only possible fly in that ointment is that it may pull my trousers down!
[url="http://slingerstraps.com/sling-strap/#.UQL9iWd8N6I"]http://slingerstraps...p/#.UQL9iWd8N6I[/url]

Edited by Telebass

I have the strap! It seems to help, maybe I'll manage 4 songs before I quit this time!
On a more irritating note, HMRC managed to skin me for £14.14 on top of a $50 packet. Bastards.

Anyone who wants to see this comedy attempt, be at the Trout & Tipple in Tavistock around 9pm...

:D

[size=4]EDIT: this bass has already done studio service for RRO's first album of original material. It sounds great![/size]

Edited by Telebass

Played a whole set with it! To make it comfortable, I actually kept the original 4" strap on as well as the slinger, so weight was really well distributed. Bit of a faff getting it on, but I could probably have done the entire gig. No aches or pains today either, unlike the first time I tried it!

Result!

:D