Why become a member? ×

Basschat @ the London Bass Guitar Show

ped

I spent part of the afternoon setting up the BC corner together with the guys at Bass Gear. This is how our banner looks like, although the corner will be organised a little differently - Barrie texted me after I left, to say that we will be allowed to use some of the space to the right of the banner in the photo, after all, which is excellent news. There are also a few seats right in front of the Bass Gear stand. The cafe is also a few yards from the stand, out of shot to the left of this photo.

Edited by bluejay

I'm posting from the BC corner at the LGBS - we have already seen and given lanyards to aroud 30 members, talked to them, met them while we were walking around the stands gassing like mad, and now I'm sitting here waiting for the next meetup.

James and the BC Baton are here too, waiting for someone to come up and collect the bass for the BC Bass Rwlay! Come forward if you're around :)

I popped along for an hour or so yesterday, the noise levels were much better then last year which made walking about in the exhibitors area quite enjoyable, next year I'll plan better and attend at a time when there are Masterclasses or performances I want to see rather then fitting a brief visit to the show around the rest of my weekend schedule.

Random observations - great jobs being done by Bluejay on the BC stand, I still GAS after another Roscoe Bass, No Sterling 5 on the MM stand, Andy Baxter's stand could have made a grown man weep, Steve Lawson and Yolanda Charles are way taller and Dave Swift shorter then I imagined them to be, I should have asked Vanderkley about getting a cover for my 212MNT.

Enjoy yourself if you are going today.