Why become a member? ×

Mid Herts/North London Bash

TheGreek

[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/LozzPoster1final_zps6b0f5a62.jpg[/IMG]

Finally, details of the Mid Herts Bass bash , venue now booked for 1st June 2013 from 12-5pm. We've also booked a beautiful sunny day, so if you're in the Herts, North London, Beds/Bucks/Essex area feel free to join us.

We have booked [b]The Breaks Manor Y&C Centre[/b], Hatfield, within walking distance of Hatfield Town Centre (loads of free parking), overlooked by one of the two tower blocks in the town centre (landmark). Access to Hatfield is ideal with road links to A1M and the M25...the centre is within 5 minutes of both. The Railway station is a 15 minute walk for those living in London who don't drive. I dare say that we could arrange to pick people up if required. Here's the link to directions on the centre's website:

[url="http://www.breaksmanor.org/howtofindus.html"]http://www.breaksman...owtofindus.html[/url]

It's a lovely old mock Tudor building and we've booked:[list]
[*]the large hall with stage, lighting, etc, (with drum kit/rigs where people can have a jam)
[*]a smaller hall, (bring your rig and gear and let others try it out!!)
[*]a cafeteria area (more tea vicar??)
[*]a lounge. (seminars/quiet area)
[/list]
Since this is the Youth Club Bassface2K10 and I attended as "yoofs" we've agreed that all proceeds go to the Centre itself. We've agreed concessionary rates for under 18s to encourage students/young people. However we have "guaranteed" a minimum amount which [b][i]Bassface2k10 and I[/i][/b] will need to cover if attendance isn't good. We're hoping for a good turnout...

We're looking to put on a couple of seminars - details to follow - in the lounge area. We've a couple of things in mind but all suggestions are welcomed. We're also looking to have a number of drummers/guitarists to jam with so if you know anybody who might be interested in donating their time please ask them to join us.

Helpful for my anxiety, can anybody intending to join us let me know.

Many thanks

Looking forward to putting more faces to avatars...

[b]Many thanks to Lozz196 for sorting the poster/flyer:[/b]

Edited by TheGreek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lozz196 is from your neck of the woods and is one of the organisers - fire him a PM to arrange a lift.

We're looking at £10 per head but nobody is getting rich from the event - any profit will be going to venue to help maintain their studio/equipment.

We'll be sending out posters as invites once they're ready.

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1363123510' post='2009005']
Sounds like a good day out to me, I shall see if anyone else form the Hemel area fancies coming with me. Any idea what the cost will be yet?
[/quote]

Yes, your welcome to a lift over Stephen.

Wow , small world , i used to go to Breaks every Monday when I was a nipper and make a racket that could only loosely be called "music" , whilst learning the politics of playing in a band ...
Lived in Hatfield for 30+ years , and parents still live there , so i really have no excuses not to attend , i can guitar or drum if required too ...
the date is in the diary !
Stu