Why become a member? ×

Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation

Sibob

Thought I'd try and show some love for US pedal builder Fuzzrocious, there's a few guys on here with them, so lets get the UK contingent showing http://basschat.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/%3C#EMO_DIR%23%3E/smile.png.

For those that don't know the company, they're a family run business, with Ryan building them & his wife Shannon painting them. To cut down the wait time, you can opt to not have Shannon paint, and have Stamped or Etched. However, the more popular seems to be their 'Kid-Paint' option, whereby your pedal can be painted by their young children (2 & 4 years old). www.fuzzrociouspedals.com/

Below is my:

Grey Stache with Oscillation & Gate mods (Kaeden paint)
Broke Richard Peanut Gallery with enclosure painted by Shep On Bass (Pantherairsoft)
Rat Tail with 2nd Drive mod (Raeven paint)
Oh 'She' Demon (Shannon paint)

http://i47.tinypic.com/rapzex.jpg

For those that don't know the company, they're a family run business, with Ryan building them & his wife Shannon painting them. To cut down the wait time, you can opt to not have Shannon paint, and have Stamped or Etched. However, the more popular seems to be their 'Kid-Paint' option, whereby your pedal can be painted by their young children (Raeven is 2 & Kaeden is 4).

So, get posting http://basschat.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/%3C#EMO_DIR%23%3E/smile.png

Si

Edited by Sibob

good thread, and a great pedal company. Si your OSD looks amazing!

I just have the one fuzzrocious pedal at present, a grey stache with a gate on the 2nd footswitch, and Ge and LED diode clipping on a 3-way toggle. It's a staggeringly good muff, and plays really well with an o/d pedal in front of it...

I used to have a tremorslo (tremolo pedal) and an oh see demon (OCD-based distortion), but sold them as they weren't quite what I was after at that time... but I really regret selling the OSD :(

I see on Ry's facebook page that Ant has got a custom painted rat tail on its way, so that'll be appearing below shortly I should think :)

very tempted to pick up a rat tail myself in the future too... though may get another OSD first!

Edited by GazWills

Here's a pic of my Rat King (the Rat Tail with all the mods - 2nd distortion setting, f/b, diode clipping switch, diode blend). If you're after good dirty distortion rather than fuzz, it's fantastic. Does nice low gain dirt too.

I've been without it for a few weeks as it developed a fault on the 1st distortion setting. Should be getting it back any day now. Just like to add that Ryan couldn't have been more helpful and efficient in troubleshooting and then arranging and return for the fix.

[quote name='thumbo' timestamp='1361261893' post='1983461']
I'm about to buy a Grey Stache, I would have bought one weeks ago if I wasn't being so indecisive about which mods to go for! I'll report back once I've made my mind up.
[/quote]

So which mods did you decide on? :)

Si

Just came in today; ze Rat Tail!

Been fiddling with it through a crappy amp for about 10 minutes (we're recording an album, so I can't use my main gear at the moment) and it already sounds way too good to believe. Especially the feedback; sounds like a dog barking!:)

[quote name='thumbo' timestamp='1361292525' post='1984062']

I think it's gonna be oscillation and diodes (germanium and 4001), I'll be placing my order tonight. Then it's the waiting game...
[/quote]

Do it :).
My Stache is an odd one, I have 3 diode options (as opposed to 'no diodes'), Germanium, LEDs, asymmetric LEDs (huge).
The oscillation is also a different type to accommodate the gate, more white noise than 'feedback' ...... tis awesome ;)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1361313142' post='1984555']
Do it :).
My Stache is an odd one, I have 3 diode options (as opposed to 'no diodes'), Germanium, LEDs, asymmetric LEDs (huge).
The oscillation is also a different type to accommodate the gate, more white noise than 'feedback' ...... tis awesome ;)

[/quote]

I'm really tempted by the gate option, especially since seeing Shep's video of it with this mod, but I don't think a gate really suits what I'm going for with the 'Stache. Too many options :D[size=4] [/size]

i think you picked your diodes well - I love(d) the germanium clipping, a totally different character to the pedal when using that, but for me the LED's i picked were too similar to the stock setting, so would have 4001s if I was ordering again. The gate is great, but I found when using it you either need to kick up the pedal volume a lot or hit it with a distortion pedal first.

rather sad times as my grey stache is now sold, but i'll get another stache one day! (probably Ge and 4001 diodes without the second footswitch)... damn dentists and orthodontists :(

Edited by GazWills

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1361348373' post='1984762']
im totally pumped for the arrival of my rat tail! the black bart simpson and garfield artwork is amazing
[/quote]

Haha, I also noticed that - is that something you specifically requested? Seems kinda random unless I'm missing something... Looks awesome!

I'd love a Rat Tail to compare to my Aguilar Agro but lacking the funds. One good thing about Fuzzrocious though, if it didn't work out I'd have no bother shifting it!

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1361432151' post='1985767']
yeah it's something i requested, i really love that whole "black bart simpson" thing that happened in the 90's and Garfield pairs well with anything of that type.
[/quote]

Yep, I also saw yours on FB. V cool paint-job.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1361747216' post='1990361']
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/28nnep.jpg[/IMG]

Been trying to cram it on for ages now, it's beat out the Oxide for sure but now the choice is between it and the BB preamp and the Analogman Chorus on the pt-jnr.
[/quote]

I had two BB Preamps going for two different gain settings. My Rat Tail with 2nd distortion mod sorts that in one pedal :).
I feel guilt though as the BB Pre is a great sounding pedal haha

Si

• 1 month later...

Ry has some awesome etched enclosures on the site at the minute... they're smaller than the standard enclosures, and he'll put a grey stache, dark driving, ram the man-parts :rolleyes: or rat tail in for you!

I've just ordered a Rat Tail in the Quint enclosure (I love Jaws!!), which looks ace:

exciting!!!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1364388610' post='2025738']
I've just ordered a Rat Tail in the Quint enclosure (I love Jaws!!), which looks ace:
[/quote]

Sweet man! I was waiting for ages for these enclosures to come out, love the Fountain ones, one of my favourite movies! I was in the market for another Fuzzrocious pedal as well - I got my Rat Tail from Joe's Pedals and while it is awesome I needed something a bit less 'full on' for an always on overdrive. Had my heart set on the OSD but fancied having a couple of options on it and after toying with the idea of having it in one of these but always on so I still have the switch for boost I decided to just get the Demon King (From Prymaxe on your recommendation too - thanks for that!)

Was tempted to get a BDPG in one of these but went a bit overboard with the spending recently and I'm only running a couple of dirt pedals...

• Sibob changed the title to Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation