Why become a member? ×

Washburn 'Pat Badger' (Extreme) Prototype Signature Bass

cetera

Sadly due to a couple of very special high-end purchases and an unhealthy VISA card I’m having to let some of my other basses go….

So what do we have here then?

Well, this is (possibly) one of a kind! Check the web – I’ve never seen another…. Even my contact with Washburn themselves hasn’t provided much more clarification but they believe only a couple were ever made, of which Pat Badger himself has the other!

This bass is Japanese-made, lightweight, and of a beautiful glossy black colour with a bolt-on satin-feel maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Pickups are active EMG P/J and the scale is 24 fret/34”. The bridge & hardware are heavy duty chrome. Condition is excellent with very little wear/marking - just one paint chip at the back/bottom near the strap button.

Due to its rarity it’s hard to put a value on this bass but I am looking for a very fair *PRICE DROP* £375 bank transfer or cash. NO trades.

Next-day courier for £25 or meet in Central London or Guildford area.

Edited by cetera

Ah yes, I've seen that old ad before, though it say he's playing an XB200 model (which he ISN'T). The pickups/control layout are very different on his prototype sig model to the lesser XB200 production model....

Definitely not playing an XB200. If I recall correctly, the XB200 was pj' style only and second cheapest only to the single p' style xb100. I had an X400 bantam which cost near £499 new in 93' Would be worth mentioning that these are made in the USA instruments. The Washburn-Status MG800 and XB800 collaboration are simply superb and my personal favourites. I miss my old XB400 and would love this however, funds are well short in supply.

Good luck.

Andy

Edited by andy67

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='cetera' timestamp='1390433740' post='2345539']
Bump! B)
[/quote]

Good morning cetera,

Is your bass is still available? If the answer is yes, could you consider to send over sea? I live in Canada and your bass really turn me on. I bought two bass and a neck from UK on eBay and it was real easy to get ship here. Think about it and I look at your response tomorrow morning (Central Canada time).

Also, I should have mentioned that I am a Talkbass member and I also bought bass from a TB member in the past so you could follow my post on [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/official-washburn-club-part-2-a-1026174/"]TB Washburn Club[/url] to get more information on me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...