Why become a member? ×

Warrior Classic Vintage 5 String Bass

alex88454

Up for sale today is my beautiful Warrior Classic Vintage 5 String Bass and I've used it on many sessions for the likes of George Clinton (Funkadelic) and also on tour.

The Body[list]
[*]Swamp Ash Body
[*]PurpleHeart Veneer
[*]AAAA Quilted Maple Top
[*]Active Bartolini Musicman Style Neck Pickup
[*]Active Bartolini Jazz Style Bridge Pickup
[*]18v Bartolini Custom Preamp
[*]Fully Adjustable Bridge
[*]EQ & Volume Knobs
[*]3 Way Pickup Selector Switch
[*]Neutrik Locking Input Jack (Stops annoying band members pulling your lead out!)
[/list]
The body consists of Swamp Ash, a stunning AAAA quilted maple top & sandwiched in-between those is a veneer of PurpleHeart. The woods that Warrior use tend to be 80+ years old so the quality of the woods (acoustics/grain//tone etc) is right up there with 50's fenders.

The sound is extremely punchy and yet smooth, you can hear DI'd sound samples here:

[url="http://www.warriorinstruments.com/listeningroom.htm"]http://www.warriorin...steningroom.htm[/url]

The Neck[list]
[*]Flamed Maple
[*]PurpleHeart Fretboard
[*]PurpleHeart Strip
[*]AAAA Quilted Maple Top on Headstock
[*]Mother Of Pearl & Abalone Inlays (The detail is second to none!)
[*]34" Scale (The B and the E string are actually strung from the beginning of the body so you get all the tonal benefits of a 35" scale neck without the disadvantages of a longer neck.)
[*]Bolt On Neck (I now only use bolt on's as I've thru necks are too fragile for touring)
[*]Custom Warrior Tuners (The tuners just need a bit of a polish, no damage :)
[/list]
She's a classy instrument and I've played her a lot, mainly on recording sessions - so just mentioning there is a little bit of wear next to the neck pickup, on the back of the body and a small mark on the headstock (all pictured.) This is purely cosmetic and is normal for an instrument that's been professionally used for 8 years. She's been professionally setup from the guys over at Sei Bass - the neck is as straight as an arrow, with a low action and zero fret buzz or dead spots. All the electronics are in perfect shape too. I wish I didn't have to sell her but money is extremely tight and needs must :(

The bass comes in a Warrior Hardshell Case along with the certificate that proves this is the first Warrior Classic Vintage made (I love the fact the serial is 001!)

Sorry the pics aren't the highest res but you can obviously come and check it out at my studio in North London.

I'll accept £1300 ono

Edited by alex88454

• 2 months later...