Why become a member? ×

New Markbass Combo ?

JohnFitzgerald

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Markbass-CMD-JB-Players-School-250-W-Combo-Amp/PY3"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Markbass-CMD-JB-Players-School-250-W-Combo-Amp/PY3[/url]

Seems a bit of a bargain at the price.

£425 street price for a 250W Markbass combo with a 15" speaker.

Can't find one locally to try unfortunately.

This or a TC BG250 or a GK MB115 ?

Well having had Markbass, GK & TC gear, my vote would be for the Markbass. The only possible issues are that it`s 150 watts at 8ohms, so to get 250 you`ll need an extension speaker, plus no tweeter (if you like tweeters). So depends on how loud your band is. That said, my Mini mCMD121P (1x12) is 300 watts at 8 ohms, and I never have the volume on more than 3 or 4 - and that`s for gigs, so these little Markbass combos are plenty loud.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

It continues to work well for me.
I'm considering adding a 151nyc blackline extension cab.

Not because I need to, more because I can and because it's an identical size and look.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the speaker gurus, I'm much more taken by total speaker 'ability' than amp watts. It's all enough just now, more than enough, but well, another speaker appeals.

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1450712952' post='2935102']
It continues to work well for me.
I'm considering adding a 151nyc blackline extension cab.

Not because I need to, more because I can and because it's an identical size and look.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the speaker gurus, I'm much more taken by total speaker 'ability' than amp watts. It's all enough just now, more than enough, but well, another speaker appeals.
[/quote]

I'm looking to replace my current setup with the same - combo plus ext cab. Best get my club cab on the classifieds!