Why become a member? ×

Orange Dual Terror/PPC212 + USA Telecaster

Musicman20

Words cannot describe how good this combination sounds.

After spending years 'following' the ideas of guitarists in bands, I've decided enough is enough, the music I want to play is in my head, so I need to get better on six string. All I really want to do is right songs, record the ideas, and then perhaps take up rhythm in a band later down the line.

I'm alright, but I want to get better. So, although my heart lies with bass playing, I've been spending time with my guitar setup.

Why does it seem like guitarists have it 'easy' in a sense? Quality guitar, few nice pedals, decent tube amp, done. Maybe I hit it off right with the guitar gear I have, but its the tone I've wanted from a guitar for a long time.

Plus, the TC Electronics Nova Reverb sounds SUPERB.

I love how the Orange amp reacts to ever so slight differences in how hard you play the guitar. It goes from shimmery cleans (although not Fender clean, less sterile) to a great rock warmth, and all in between.

One tone knob for each channel!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1361732460' post='1990063']
Fender guitars seem to work very well with Orange amps - the sharpness of the Fender tamed by the warmth of the Orange. Gibsons can work well, but they need a bit more working on, as it can sludge a bit.
[/quote]

Yeah, I took some advice on the gear matching. Everyone seemed to agree that the Orange tone works very well with a Tele.

If I were to get another guitar, it would be a USA Strat. I'd love an SG but the Fender single coil tone works well for me.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm running an Orange Dual Terror through a Marshall VS412 cab, with my Fender TC-90 and Ltd-Ed. PRS SE Custom 24

It also sounds incredible - The Dual Terror is a great amp and the P90s in the Tele certainly come in to their own. I was jamming with some friends last night and theyre all equally jealous!

What do you make of the PPC2x12? I'm currently saving for a V30- loaded Zilla cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you have found your sound. I couldn't get on with the Orange Terror, the fat, warm, dirty 70s tones were great but I didn't really like the clean with a touch of grit tones so went back to a Fender amp. :(
Horses for courses as they say. Maybe it was my cab (with Eminence Wizard driver).

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' timestamp='1388858666' post='2327013']
I'm running an Orange Dual Terror through a Marshall VS412 cab, with my Fender TC-90 and Ltd-Ed. PRS SE Custom 24

It also sounds incredible - The Dual Terror is a great amp and the P90s in the Tele certainly come in to their own. I was jamming with some friends last night and theyre all equally jealous!

What do you make of the PPC2x12? I'm currently saving for a V30- loaded Zilla cab.
[/quote]

I used to have the PPC212CB, the big closed back one. Sounded great. I'm a huge fan of Orange cabs in general.

Mate of mine has a Zilla 2x12 in white with V30s he's selling for £300 if you want me to put you in touch. He's started a filthy metal band and is getting a 4x12 insteada

While visiting a pal on the weekend I enjoyed a couple of hours on one of these Dual Terror things.

It was really very good, though slightly nasal. This latter quality probably disappears in a full band scenario. I would recommend a DT to anyone in search of some rip and snarl.

It certainly likes Fenders. :)

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1391771634' post='2361062']
I used to have the PPC212CB, the big closed back one. Sounded great. I'm a huge fan of Orange cabs in general.

Mate of mine has a Zilla 2x12 in white with V30s he's selling for £300 if you want me to put you in touch. He's started a filthy metal band and is getting a 4x12 insteada
[/quote]

Very tempting but I'm afraid I don't have the cash at the moment (just bought new PA subs and amp, eek), so the cab has gone on 'not as important' list for the moment =[