Why become a member? ×

Marketplace Subscriptions

Hamster

Seems OK to me.
I have donated and had my thank emails, but I think £20 a year is a small price to pay even just for BC itself.
I mean, if there was no BC, I would have to actually talk to people :unsure:

I'm surprised that so few people donate after flogging something, especially given the fees for a certain alternate method. As I bung something the site's way after a sale, paying up front won't make any odds to me, it'll just be the timing that will be different.

Like others, I find the figure of 4% making donations disappointing. Basschat is a great resource, so lets keep it in the family. £20 is fine by me.

What about some form of fee / subscription for joining up as fully fledged member? Only a suggestion.....

Hi,
No problem with the charge at all especially with the fixed yearly fee. Having just seen my ebay fees for the previous month £20 is a bargain. Just wondering what will happen with all of the goods currently advertised, can they be bumped forever or will they have a finite life ?
Presumably the mods will remove any Fodera's advertised at £49.99 + £5000.00 postage. :D

[quote name='edstraker123' timestamp='1362419582' post='1999438']
Hi,
No problem with the charge at all especially with the fixed yearly fee. Having just seen my ebay fees for the previous month £20 is a bargain. Just wondering what will happen with all of the goods currently advertised, can they be bumped forever or will they have a finite life ?
Presumably the mods will remove any Fodera's advertised at £49.99 + £5000.00 postage. :D
[/quote]

The pre-subscription items advertised for sale can carry on being bumped as it would be unfair to introduce the subscription retrospectively. I would be looking though for activity from the seller with bumping within the guidelines. We will be watching for sale threads where a pre-subscription Fender becomes a post-subscription Musicman! - All the Moderation team can see all previous posts - even if they have been 'deleted' by the poster. Any threads for items marked as sold/traded will be closed. They will not be 'deleted' as is often the request. We will see how it all goes, but I guess I might introduce a rule where if there has been no activity on an item for more than 28 days I might close it.

Any Fodera's for £49.99 will be bought by the moderation team and collected in person! :D

As soon as paypal decide to give me the funds that have been placed in my paypal account for several items I have sold on here (something to do with being a new memeber of pp-bulls*it if you ask me), I shall be sending the 20 quid over to yourselves. Even if you don`t intened selling anything, it is worth it!

In case I have missed it, how do you donate the money? Is it just through the donate button as normal?

Forget the last statement. Ped answered the question as I was typing.

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='Badass' timestamp='1362499087' post='2000217']
Is there somewhere where we can see out subs? Even if it is a reminder as to when it is next due....
[/quote]

I don't think there's anywhere on site - we were careful not to produce a system where you could identify those who have paid and those who haven't, however you could always keep your PayPal receipt as a reminder.

Also remember we'll have a card payment gateway in the next week or so.

Cheers!