Why become a member? ×

Marketplace Subscriptions

Hamster

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1362499272' post='2000223']
As soon as paypal decide to give me the funds that have been placed in my paypal account for several items I have sold on here (something to do with being a new memeber of pp-bulls*it if you ask me), I shall be sending the 20 quid over to yourselves. Even if you don`t intened selling anything, it is worth it!

In case I have missed it, how do you donate the money? Is it just through the donate button as normal?

Forget the last statement. Ped answered the question as I was typing.
[/quote]

Hi mate

Try the new 'Support BC' page at the top of the site.

Thanks for that
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1362499328' post='2000224']
Also remember we'll have a card payment gateway in the next week or so.
[/quote]

Ah very good - I'll wait for this then if that's OK, as for very good reasons I absolutely loathe PayPal with a vengeance! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362509388' post='2000503']
Ah very good - I'll wait for this then if that's OK, as for very good reasons I absolutely loathe PayPal with a vengeance! :)
[/quote]

No problem at all - however if you want to list something now you can still use a debit card without having a PayPal account. Just click the second option on the paypal payment page (they've tried to hide it) Otherwise, feel free to get around to it when convenient for you.

Cheers all
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1362510037' post='2000521']
No problem at all - however if you want to list something now you can still use a debit card without having a PayPal account.
[/quote]

Cheers ped! I'm not about to sell anything just now, but I'll join in with the general BC love when I can. :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362510250' post='2000532']

Cheers ped! I'm not about to sell anything just now, but I'll join in with the general BC love when I can. :D
[/quote]

We wouldn't be the same without you :)

Ped
I just paid my £20 by going to the 'support basschat' tab and doing it via paypal. I did the 'unlimited threads for a year'. I thought the donation field was a bit confusing? Is this for donations in addition to the £20? [EDIT - i see this is explained in the intro, i didn't read it properly]

ALso, and this is the main thing - I was signed in, but I don't think there is any link between my paypal and my basschat account - eg. my email i use is different, my name is different, and i wasn't asked to enter my basschat username when making the donation.

So... how will you (the websiite) know that I've paid?

Ted

Edited by tedmanzie

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1362562556' post='2001218']
Ped
I just paid my £20 by going to the 'support basschat' tab and doing it via paypal. I did the 'unlimited threads for a year'. I thought the donation field was a bit confusing? Is this for donations in addition to the £20? [EDIT - i see this is explained in the intro, i didn't read it properly]

ALso, and this is the main thing - I was signed in, but I don't think there is any link between my paypal and my basschat account - eg. my email i use is different, my name is different, and i wasn't asked to enter my basschat username when making the donation.

So... how will you (the websiite) know that I've paid?

Ted
[/quote]

I too have done the 'subscribe' thing so I'm all good for a year, in your paypal receipt it should say 'user xxxx' which I guess is your unique identifier to the poota system rather than your username (which is more helpful to people)

you're right - a user number does appear on my receipt.

it seems like if i sign out, and then try to pay the subscription then it still directs me to paypal. so if you're not signed in, what user-info is the system collecting? note - this was just a test, i didn't complete the transaction.

anyway, just a question, i expect its been tested.

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1362584534' post='2001701']
Do lefties get a discount? Smaller market share etc. ??!!!!

Got to ask !
[/quote]

There's a leftie surcharge ;) less stuff for the mods to buy if it's all leftie stuff :lol:

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1362564696' post='2001278']
you're right - a user number does appear on my receipt.

it seems like if i sign out, and then try to pay the subscription then it still directs me to paypal. so if you're not signed in, what user-info is the system collecting? note - this was just a test, i didn't complete the transaction.

anyway, just a question, i expect its been tested.
[/quote]

Hi mate

Yep that's right, the payment status is married to your user number, rather than user name. This means users may still change their username with no adverse effect on their payment status.

Interesting point regarding the logged in/out bit. I'm changing it so only logged in users can proceed to payment. Thanks for raising it.

ped

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1362420787' post='1999463']
The pre-subscription items advertised for sale can carry on being bumped as it would be unfair to introduce the subscription retrospectively. I would be looking though for activity from the seller with bumping within the guidelines. We will be watching for sale threads where a pre-subscription Fender becomes a post-subscription Musicman! - All the Moderation team can see all previous posts - even if they have been 'deleted' by the poster. Any threads for items marked as sold/traded will be closed. They will not be 'deleted' as is often the request. We will see how it all goes, but I guess I might introduce a rule where if there has been no activity on an item for more than 28 days I might close it.
[/quote]

I was just wondering about this actually, good thing it's been noticed!

I have sold a few things in my time here. Nothing over £100 as far as I remember, but I have bought a lot of stuff at some very good prices. I did promise myself to make a donation at some point, so the fact that this subscription thing has come about is the kick up the arse I needed! I'm contemplating whether or not to sell my SansAmp, and if I do it will be on here :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1362584619' post='2001703']
There's a leftie surcharge ;) less stuff for the mods to buy if it's all leftie stuff :lol:
[/quote]

It could be argued that 75% of the goods in the basses for sale market place are of bugger all use to me, all the other market places are fine.

Therefore I'd be more open to a discounted option.

I can offer left handed DNA !!!

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1362585177' post='2001712']
It could be argued that 75% of the goods in the basses for sale market place are of bugger all use to me, all the other market places are fine.

Therefore I'd be more open to a discounted option.

I can offer left handed DNA !!!
[/quote]

Just thought, if you're selling a leftie bass it could be argued that you have MORE chance of selling it due to the limited availability of them :lol:

Though I've never seen a left handed amp for sale so ... :unsure:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1362585462' post='2001715']
Just thought, if you're selling a leftie bass it could be argued that you have MORE chance of selling it due to the limited availability of them :lol:

Though I've never seen a left handed amp for sale so ... :unsure:
[/quote]

I have... but it was a guitar amp. The master volume was on the left, the EQ was backwards. The input was still on the left though :lol:

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1362584809' post='2001707']

Interesting point regarding the logged in/out bit. I'm changing it so only logged in users can proceed to payment. Thanks for raising it.

ped
[/quote]

Would it be worth a sticky or two, with a link to the donate/sub page? You don't see the link/button on a 'phone or tablet device that uses the mobile layout.

Unless I've simply missed something obvious...

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1362588821' post='2001779']
Would it be worth a sticky or two, with a link to the donate/sub page? You don't see the link/button on a 'phone or tablet device that uses the mobile layout.
Unless I've simply missed something obvious...
[/quote]

You can't see the shop either in 'mobile mode'...

I wonder if these links work in mobile-land:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/cp/9-support-basschat/"]http://basschat.co.uk/cp/9-support-basschat/[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/cp/2-shop/"]http://basschat.co.uk/cp/2-shop/[/url]

Thanks guys yes one of the first things we plan on doing is upgrading the mobile app a bit.

I was going to 'promote' the new payment section a bit but actually I'm leaving it to naturally tick over to give a more realistic idea of how it will run.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1362589093' post='2001786'] You can't see the shop either in 'mobile mode'... I wonder if these links work in mobile-land: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/cp/9-support-basschat/"]http://basschat.co.uk/cp/9-support-basschat/[/url] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/cp/2-shop/"]http://basschat.co.uk/cp/2-shop/[/url] [/quote]

Yup - seem fine on my iPhone. The shop link doesn't make any attempt to fit the screen, but it's usable.