Why become a member? ×

Gedo bass ordered!

Its here!

It has been setup then taken apart again
[IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/20130308_181349_zps5506cccc.jpg[/IMG]
I could see where the indetation on the as ordered thomastik spiro weichs was so fitted it and tensioned it up, they had locked the again as ordered adjustable bridge with elastic bands, I have seated it so as the strings run evenly down the board and inline with the f hole notches
[IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/20130308_184514_zps23f507f8.jpg[/IMG]
Plays really nice with the action about where I want it, no rattles or anything. The bag is HUGE and I got a free german bow to try out in comparison to my carbon yitamusic one.

So far all good :D

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1362742505' post='2004053'] Watching this with interest as I got Alistair's EUB, think the same's gonna happen to me...... loving the EUB, so lets see how long it takes....Oh well Another one to blame Alisatir........:-) [/quote]

Glad you're enjoying it mate! If you need a way to justify getting a db... you've got two houses so you need a bass in each one!

I know it isnt ideal is it? The back room is south facing and great for ageing guitar necks but not good for delicate double basses, the little room is too small, that leaves our bedroom which we obviously need the heating switched on in. I might try the opposite corner tomorrow after moving a few things around.

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1362742505' post='2004053']
Watching this with interest as I got Alistair's EUB,

think the same's gonna happen to me......

loving the EUB, so lets see how long it takes....Oh well

Another one to blame Alisatir........:-)
[/quote]
It will happen mate just go with it :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1362776533' post='2004788']
How likely am I to bugger the bass up if I file the nut a bit like I did to the Stagg to lower the strings nearer the neck for pressing down the first semitones?
[/quote]

Does it really need that? Mine didn't. Take a business card and slip it under a string up against the nut - is it snugly held in place between the string and the board or does it not make contact with both at the same time? If it's a snug fit the nut is probably about right.

No its not snug mate its quite a gap on mine, I did the same to my Stagg and its fine. If I took it down to two business cards it should be fine then do you think, that would still leave plenty of nut for someone to do it properly later if need be.

The rest of the bass is brilliant, none of this finish looks ok from 100 yards stuff, the ply rear looks really nice almost a shame to hide it and all the seams are neat with no glue or lumpy varnish etc. The company are faultless so far, the best I have ever had dealings with! :)

I havent been able to shift the EUB so i think ill use it for nearly silent practice when the bloke down stairs is sleepin :P
Cause this new bass is loud :P

I ordered the Stand over a week ago and its still in transit from Germany so against the telly it goes

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alistair Sutcliffe' timestamp='1362773866' post='2004745']
Glad you're enjoying it mate! If you need a way to justify getting a db... you've got two houses so you need a bass in each one!
[/quote]
Hmmm

Now thats a good idea...............
saves all that travel hassle tooo
Something more to blame you for! :D

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1363720102' post='2016559']
Loving my Gedo now, I have the J-tone fitted and an Artec EQ pedal so I can get a bit more volume or maybe even do a gig! :o
[/quote]

Great. How does the Artec sound? Does it do the impedence matching biz alright?

Edited by fatback