Why become a member? ×

Metallica - Blackened (bass cover)

chrismuzz

Something I knocked up this afternoon. I've wanted to upload a cover video for a long time now, and I finally grew the balls to do it! I hope you enjoy it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Y7J7ezmj4&list=HL1364244784&feature=mh_lolz[/media]

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364261620' post='2024127']
Thanks! I almost recorded a version with me sitting there not playing anything at all, to be more accurate :lol:
[/quote]

Ha, ha!
Yeah, 'Justice for Jason' needs to be done with a nice modern re-mix IMO.

[quote name='jonthebass' timestamp='1364288546' post='2024251']
Ha, ha!
Yeah, 'Justice for Jason' needs to be done with a nice modern re-mix IMO.
[/quote]

I've said this many times, but if they re-released the album with the bass higher in the mix I would buy it again!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364300123' post='2024490']
I've said this many times, but if they re-released the album with the bass higher in the mix I would buy it again!
[/quote]

+1. One of the best albums, but the 2nd worst sound-wise - Death Magnetic being marginally worse!

Nice playing! I really like Justice but mix/production-wise it sucks. I'm amazed that Newstead stayed with them after it was released... but I guess money talks ;)

Anyway, you did a cracking job of Blackened which is one of my favourites off that album - so cheers! Nice tone you've got there too.

PS: I have that same t-shirt somewhere...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1365345459' post='2038272']
Nice playing! I really like Justice but mix/production-wise it sucks. I'm amazed that Newstead stayed with them after it was released... but I guess money talks ;)

Anyway, you did a cracking job of Blackened which is one of my favourites off that album - so cheers! Nice tone you've got there too.

PS: I have that same t-shirt somewhere...
[/quote]

Thanks a lot man! If it weren't for the production this would my my all time favourite album of theirs.

Great shirt innit :D Camden market?