Why become a member? ×

Bassist Seeks Functions / Covers Band in Surrey / Berks

dougal

[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Meet Dougal – I'm a bass player in his late 30s with great attitude, gear gear and great experience living in Egham, Surrey. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Since I was in senior school I've been playing rock, pop, funk, soul etc. I have loads of experience playing the electric bass in rock and pop covers bands (and a few original projects) and an upright mostly in a classical setting in orchestras [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I've got my own transport and live rig. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I'd looking for a complete covers / functions band that plays funky pop and rock in the Berkshire / Leatherhead / Guildford area, but [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I'm open to pretty much anything.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I have a real job. I don't love this real job as much as making music, but it pays my mortgage. I'm dedicated and hardworking and honest -- and my real job is my living. Music and being in a band will only ever be for fun. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Gigging Experience:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Started playing classical guitar age 11.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bass guitar followed at about 14, same time as I started playing double bass.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Various pub bands - blues, Zeppelin, Beatles - are started, I play double bass in musicals, & a school orchestra.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]This continues until I leave school at 18 & go to BassTech in London for an intensive course.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Come out realising I'll never cut it as a session guy.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Get to University in Salford, start a metal band. Play pubs & clubs around the place. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Move to London, get a job. Play double bass in a bluegrass band.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Move to America with my Job. Join Epithet, a Death / Thrash / Black metal band in North Haledon.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Epithet dissolves (with some lineup changes) into Liminal which gets some gigs before a work opportunity takes me to Tokyo in 2004, where I join an 80's metal covers band.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Winter 2006 sees me return to the shores of my birth where I join a band that has as many monikers as it does gigs over about three years, playing rock & metal covers.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]A work colleague introduces me to some fun loving guys and "The Cheap Shots" are the result. Playing pop and function / party music over the course of several years we get some good reviews and a couple of hundred facebook fans before imploding due to workloads, extra curricular personal & family commitments, and the inevitable musical differences.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]And that leaves me here, now, looking for a band to play who knows what to who knows who...?[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Equipment:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Markbass LittleMark 2[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Aigular 4x10[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Sadowsky RV5 [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Rickenbacker 4003[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Gibson Thunderbird[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]ACG SuperJazz #99[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1]Videos:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by dougal

[sub]Hi Dougal,[/sub]

[sub]The Afterburners [url="http://www.theafterburners.co.uk"]www.theafterburners.co.uk[/url] is ready to reform as a full band and we need to recruit a rythm section. This an opportunity to join a band that is close to being ready to rock, and still have time to get ready.[/sub]

[sub]Covers are our main thing, though we lean towards good rather than popular, funk/blues, and birth of our own songs that are in concept stage mainly.[/sub]

[sub]We are based in Alton and Woking, aim to practice most Sundays in Alton, at a facility we occupy free of charge.[/sub]

[sub]If this interests you then let me know.[/sub]

[sub]Thanks[/sub]

[sub]Patrick[/sub]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hairyhatman' timestamp='1367040195' post='2060533']
Hi Dougal

New covers band now starting up in Guildford. Female vox guitar bass keys drums and possibly horn later. Music is Pop Rock, Funk.

If you are interested then ping me back and we ca have a chat.

Al
[/quote]

Cheers. Rob seems to have gone all quiet on me. I'll send a chaser...

• 3 years later...

Hi.
I am starting a new 80s style rock band in the Sunbury area. We will play anything from poison/bon jovi to skidrow/guns n roses via acdc Scorpions etc.

We had auditions last night but still looking.
If you are interested call or text.
Thanks
Raph

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Dougal,

I'm looking for a dep double bass player for a number of gigs coming up soon with the intension to be a more permanent role as we get busier.

We play blues in all its forms. Money varies and the gigs are varied as well. Big festivals to intimate blues bars/clubs.

We are all based around the M3 M4 M25 triangle and we rehearse in Shepperton.

Attached is a flyer for the first gig needing  a dep.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Seth

golf poster.jpg