Why become a member? ×

new recording with Kemper profiling amp, melodic metal

winterfire666

heres a song ive recently recorded using my kemper profiling amplifier for all parts bass and guitar
i know a few people on here were interested in hearing a bass profile for the KPA so here it is.

melodic metal style music, fingerstyle playing. taken from a new recording of my band 'Winterfire'
sorry no vocals yet.
i would be interested in any feedback on the mix too, cheers!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/winterfire/elegy-no-vocals-mix

That sounds brilliant , really like it lots , I only think that as I have seen a lot of 6 minuter + stuff ,I would prefer 3 minuter stuff , It might be totally different with a vocal however, maybe I am just impatient and want a change sooner than 7 minutes , Its a lot easier now to hit repeat and listen again to a three minute song if I want too, rather than duck out of a song twice as long IYSWIM.

Nah you're fine mate, my bands shortest track is 7 minutes, longest is 25 minutes and we don't have a vocalist. Totally different genre mind, but the last gig the punters sais they had no idea the tracks were anywhere near that long they were enjoying it so much...

Of course they may have all been off their heads :D

Sounds excellent! I saw a Kemper in Andertons. I'm perfectly happy with my POD X3 LIVE though. Modelling has come a long way, no doubt you'll get someone saying it's not like a cranked valve amp or some sh*t like that, usually someone who makes valve amps ;)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1365000281' post='2033918']
Sounds excellent! I saw a Kemper in Andertons. I'm perfectly happy with my POD X3 LIVE though. Modelling has come a long way, no doubt you'll get someone saying it's not like a cranked valve amp or some sh*t like that, usually someone who makes valve amps ;)
[/quote]

The anti-modelling brigade are a funny sort. Another case of hearing with your eyes rather than your ears! I have had comments and questions about my tone from many golden eared purists, and I've never owned anything with valves in it in my life :P

thanks for the compliments!
the drums were played in on a digital kit and there was a few minor edits just to tighten things up, but hes a great drummer so not much to do really, the kit is based around the toontrack metal machine kit with some additional processing in superior drummer 2.
looking forward to getting the vocals down but unfortunately the singer wont be available for a couple of weeks.
:)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1365001355' post='2033949']
The anti-modelling brigade are a funny sort. Another case of hearing with your eyes rather than your ears! I have had comments and questions about my tone from many golden eared purists, and I've never owned anything with valves in it in my life :P
[/quote]

TBH I didn't think modelling even came close until I heard the Kemper. (I wanted them to work for me but I always found them somehow two dimensional). Having heard the Kemper, I ordered one immediately. (Though tbf I was in Nashville at the time producing a record that Michael Wagener - possibly the king of guitar tone - was mixing. Im lucky enough to have brought his full set of Kemper amp tones home with me ;-)

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1365533178' post='2040868']
Cheat :D
[/quote]

Jealousy will get you nowhere! ;-)

Here's a little photo of us on the last day for your bedside table:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/Photoon2013-02-14at1755_zps66a28b36.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Rimskidog

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1365603746' post='2041684']
Favourite thing about Wireworld (Wagener's gaff) is he used weed matting to cover his absorption, and it looks ace - who would have thought? That and the mountain of fantastic kit obviously!

[/quote]

That's Wireworld 2 in your pic. The pic from mine is wireworld 3!

and fwiw its entirely true about the wall covering. Though if anyone asks he always says it's mongolian monkey hair...

another interesting fact is that the 1176 on the bottom left of your pic (which fwiw was used on bass in Master of Puppets) now resides in my rack... ;-)

Edited by Rimskidog

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1365631667' post='2042244']
That's Wireworld 2 in your pic. The pic from mine is wireworld 3!
[/quote]

Yeah I think he laid off the weed matting in WW3 a bit didnt he?

Loved the lateral thinking behind using that particular version of the matting though, and the final look, inspired!

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1365631715' post='2042248']
and fwiw its entirely true about the wall covering. Though if anyone asks he always says it's mongolian monkey hair...

another interesting fact is that the 1176 on the bottom left of your pic (which fwiw was used on bass in Master of Puppets) now resides in my rack... ;-)
[/quote]

OK seriously sad kit envy now, just listened to M of P yesterday after seeing the piccie of you and MW, damn thats a great sounding album, so much better than the rest of their stuff (Black album sounds pretty good to be fair, but the songs weren't the same genre anymore by then). And the kick drum, on M of P actually has balls (shock horror!)....

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1365612403' post='2041826']
Do it, it would be great to hear. :D
[/quote]

Once I upgrade my desktop I'll drop you a line. It started crawling last time I used it, it's time to create a new beast (old computer is 9 years old)