Why become a member? ×

DB luthiers thread

Clarky

• 4 months later...

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1383562109' post='2265770']
[u][b]Peter Hall in Beverley, East Ridings[/b][/u]

Peter does really nice work, is a great guy, and is very affordable.

[url="http://www.peterhallviolins.com/instruments/contact.html"]http://www.peterhall...ts/contact.html[/url]
[/quote]

You get real old fashioned professional service from Peter. He can't do enough for you — it's more like visiting a family member than a shop! Really impressed by the quality of his work, the advice I've had and his prices. All round splendid fella.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Popped in for my roughly annual bass MOT at Laurence Dixon's place. Lovely work as ever.

As well as his mid range Hungarian basses, he's now doing chinese basses, which he imports and then sets up himself - planing the board, new bridge etc. They're priced at £1000 - not bad considering any £500 bass would need about £500 of set up to be a decent player! He also has a January sale on, so they're at £800 :)

• 2 months later...

I'd like to add a recommendation for Nick Benjamin based in Lewes, East Sussex

[email protected]

Very helpful guy, was willing to take a look at my EUB when I was struggling to find someone locally who could sort out the problem even though it appeared to electrical.

Nick quickly diagnosed and solved the issue. Worth keeping in mind if you live in the Sussex area..

Edited by EdLib-3

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/01/2016 at 22:03, owen said:

Anyone have any experience of http://thedoublebassroom.com/ ?

I have a friend fancying something there and she just wants to make sure he is ok.

I just bought a bass from Ben last weekend. Spent over 2 hours there and tried out 11 basses. Ben is a very nice fellow and knows his stuff well. And yes, do bring a tuner as you need to bring it to standard tuning. 

• 6 months later...

Lady called Helen Pegram, was working at Tim Toft's in Stone.  Seems very knowledgeable and comes highly recommended.  I was told she'd left Toft's, and then I found a post that said she'd gone freelance.
Anyone know?

.. just if she IS available direct I might take my bass along.

Ta.

Edited by NickA
syntactical reconfiguration

• ped unpinned this topic