Why become a member? ×

High end cab owners, your assistance please.

Dave_the_bass

Right,

Financially I am about ready to buy the cabs to make the noisy part of my rig complete.

Through extensive research, and a couple of emails to Alex at barefaced, I have narrowed it down to the following possibilities:

A, 2x Bergantino HD210 (with the option to add another 2 if I'm feeling rich/insane)

B, 2x Vanderkley 210MT

C, 2x Vanderkley 210MNT

D, 1x Barefaced S12T (with the option to add either another S12 or a compact or two if I decide to break the world)

So, what I'm looking for is people who own these combinations of cabs.

I was going to ask for people to let me come round and try them out with my head and bass, but then I thought, hang on a minute would I be happy letting someone I don't know come round to my house to use my incredibly expensive bass cabs? The answer I settled on was probably not.

So I came up with the rather ingenious idea of getting people who own all of these cabs in to a centrally located rehearsal room so I can try them all out at a good volume and everyone can have a good drool over the gear they didn't buy and potentially try out other cabs/configurations too. Who knows you might find your perfect bass rig is a 210MNT paired with 2 HD210s, all sat atop a Barefaced compact!

If you fancy this as an idea, and you're not located in one of the far reaches of the country (I'm near Derby/Nottingham), then PM me with the gear you'll bring to the party and where in the country you are.

Once I've got most/all of the stuff listed above lined up then I'll work out a sensible location and sort out a suitably convenient Saturday or Sunday for everyone to get together.

Cheers for reading this far.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_the_bass

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1366058171' post='2047937']
A mini bass bash to satisfy my own selfish needs, and to link in to a different thread, it could also be a Ford Focus owners club meet!
[/quote]

And everyone has to think of at least one name for mcnach's funk band, too... :crazy:

What music are you playing and what amp will you be using with these cabs?

It's a good list but I'd add:

Bergantino HD112 cabs.
Bergantino CN112 and CN212, out later this month.
Baer ML112 and ML212 cabs.
Aguilar DB112, DB210 and DB212 cabs.

I've been playing mainly AE112 and occasionally AE210 cabs for the last 5 years so I'll be looking at the CN*** cabs with interest when Bassdirect get them in.

Noooooooooo, I have a list, it's taken me 3 months to whittle it down to those 4 options. Please don't stamp on what's left of my brain with more suggestions!

Although, I am very intrigued by the new CN range. Damn it, now look what you've all done.

Right, new idea.

Anyone who wants to bring a 4ohm cab combination, with a brand new retail price of £700 - £1800, that is fairly easy to carry, to a rehearsal room to hook up to my Shuttlemax.

Please get in touch. Lets see if we can create a wall of bass cabs the likes of which has never been witnessed before!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1366061049' post='2047988']
What music are you playing and what amp will you be using with these cabs?

It's a good list but I'd add:

Bergantino HD112 cabs.
Bergantino CN112 and CN212, out later this month.
Baer ML112 and ML212 cabs.
Aguilar DB112, DB210 and DB212 cabs.

I've been playing mainly AE112 and occasionally AE210 cabs for the last 5 years so I'll be looking at the CN*** cabs with interest when Bassdirect get them in.
[/quote]

+1 all those cabs sound very different, need to match to your amp and style. Bergs, Vanderkleys, and Baers are beautifully made, fit and finish is sublime, and while very different, all sound stunning in their own way.

Sorry, didn't see the questions.

Music genre is rock/metal. It's a new band with all new material and the songs we're writing are kinda bang in the middle. Musically we're a three piece so I have a lot of sonic space to play with/fill in times of git solo.

Head is a Shuttlemax 12.2. The sound through the HD210s at bass direct was fantastic when I bought it but not sure gow it'd be now I've my sound set up, barring minor eq tweeks for cab/ room.

Coming to a dealer for a straight in-store head to head soon:

Bergantino CN112
Bergantino CN212
Bergantino HD112
Bergantino AE210
Aguilar SL112
Aguilar DB112
Aguilar DB212
Aguilar DB210
Vanderkley 112MT
MarkBass 121H
MarkBass 102P
Bag End D12D
ATS C312X1
ATS C310X1
ATS UL210C

Now that could be a fun afternoon running a string of different 10's and 12's all in one place! - hope the orders and sales don't overlap and that they all arrive for a full on session at more or less the same time!

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1366063445' post='2048025']
Sorry, didn't see the questions.

Music genre is rock/metal. It's a new band with all new material and the songs we're writing are kinda bang in the middle. Musically we're a three piece so I have a lot of sonic space to play with/fill in times of git solo.

Head is a Shuttlemax 12.2. The sound through the HD210s at bass direct was fantastic when I bought it but not sure gow it'd be now I've my sound set up, barring minor eq tweeks for cab/ room.
[/quote]
The Bergs always sound amazing with that head which has huge eq possibilities. I would be tempted to kook at the HD212 as well, very deep, very loud and tone to die for-I know where there is a virtually new one in as new condition for sale at a good price
The Baer would also work well for you with some low end dialled in, the upper mid aggression would work well for metal, the cab will also do overdrive nicely as well if required due to the Faital mid driver.

Depending on timings i might travel down from the north east, i've got a bass being built by Jon Letts that i'm going to have to travel down to collect, so if my Barefaced Midgets turn up in time i might bring them along. i'd be happy to bring any north east based Bass chatters with me if theyt have cabs that you'd like to try (there were some bergs and aggies at the northeast bass bash recently)

Matt

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1366063958' post='2048037']
Coming to a dealer for a straight in-store head to head soon:

Bergantino CN112
Bergantino CN212
Bergantino HD112
Bergantino AE210
Aguilar SL112
Aguilar DB112
Aguilar DB212
Aguilar DB210
Vanderkley 112MT
MarkBass 121H
MarkBass 102P
Bag End D12D
ATS C312X1
ATS C310X1
ATS UL210C

Now that could be a fun afternoon running a string of different 10's and 12's all in one place! - hope the orders and sales don't overlap and that they all arrive for a full on session at more or less the same time!
[/quote]

All in one place....!!!! worth dropping in for that. Keep me posted, please.

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1366058171' post='2047937']
A mini bass bash to satisfy my own selfish needs, and to link in to a different thread, it could also be a Ford Focus owners club meet!
[/quote]

Well... i drive a Ford Focus and i have a S12T... don't know if i'll be able to drive them all the way to UK for that meeting though... :(

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1366116556' post='2048475']
Given your location , wouldn't it be easier to just spend a day at Bass Direct ? You can try out a vast array of cabs , apart from Barefaced , and if you make a decision you could buy it and take it home with you.
[/quote]

+10 Give Mark a call ask him whats in, whats coming in, let him tell you when would be a good time.

Although that wouldnt be with BF at least you might be able to rule some out and then go back?

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1366116556' post='2048475']
Given your location , wouldn't it be easier to just spend a day at Bass Direct ? You can try out a vast array of cabs , apart from Barefaced , and if you make a decision you could buy it and take it home with you.
[/quote]

+1 I dont think he would have them in there!

• 1 year later...