Why become a member? ×

Anyone know why DV seem to have stopped stocking Fender?

Twigman

Horrible isn't it, as soon as there are any rumours a company is ditched. I remember a building contractor who were doing well, won a nice big job went to their bank for a loan to carry out the business, perfectly normal. Tut the bank refused them for some reason or other. It somehow got out that they had been refused a loan, it was assumed they were in trouble and had all their current contracts cancelled in case they couldn't complete them. They went under and yet were in a happy position to grow.

I hope something similar doesn't happen to DV.

To add some more positive news, I asked on twitter whether a moblie-friendly site was on its way - "We've something very special in the pipeline for our mobile shoppers this year..."

Make of that what you will. A company rumoured to be on the brink wouldn't make statements like that.

[quote name='Lasermonkey' timestamp='1366307907' post='2050915']
DV247 have been consistently useless when I've tried them
[/quote]

I bought 2 basses from them in 2010. One Fender, one Squier - both bought unseen, both good 'uns. No complaints about their service at all. Evidently others haven't had such a positive experience, but I thought I'd offer this by way of balance.

It'll be a real shame if they go under. They're my first port of call for anything recording based. I know a lot of the guys on a first name basis and they've all been really helpful in the past.

Fingers crossed rumours are false.

[quote name='Tinman' timestamp='1366300585' post='2050789']
A couple of messages I recieved from a friend of mine who is in the instrument retail business (with ref to guitars)

.....snip....but I wouldn't be paying a deposit or for goods that need a warrenty with DV247 at the moment.....remember the Sound Control issues?......snip

....snip.....Fender went and removed all the stock and closed the account - tells a story....snip
[/quote]

You are right sir, I can also confirm it...I know one of the Fender guys that went around to collet the stock.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1367020863' post='2060484']
You are right sir, I can also confirm it...I know one of the Fender guys that went around to collet the stock.
[/quote]

Thanks PauBass, I didn't think my mate would deliberately feed me crap :)

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1367073124' post='2060954']
By insisting that sellers stick to a rrp, they expose sellers to EU competition price fixing rules, remember the vw £18 million fine ?
They may have decided that they want freedom to sell at what price they want
[/quote]

Well, I was thinking it might be that way round too, Fender taking their ball home as DV didn't wanted to play by their rules.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1366986937' post='2059954']
It'll be a real shame if they go under.
[/quote]
I popped into the Cambridge shop a couple of weeks ago - it looked like they already have.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1367578604' post='2067114']
I popped into the Cambridge shop a couple of weeks ago - it looked like they already have.
[/quote]

:(

I almost feel bad for pressing them for such a low price for my Kilo now :lol:

My ex housemate, who's a manager at one of the stores, just told me. It's his birthday as well, natch. Though he's already had offers from five companies who want him to work for them. My experience of buying from DV has been nothing but positive in the past, I think it's just a sign of the times.