Why become a member? ×

Vintage 1970's Dimarzio precision pickup. £65
£70

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1367773505' post='2069290']
Glad we're all friends. Can someone please buy these now?
[/quote]

In 3 days these will definitely have a new owner. Ebay auction ends then and there are bids !

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1367772264' post='2069271']
My pickup may, of course, not be the same as yours, Ou7shined. The pickup covers on mine are not firmly attached to the guts in any way, which may indicate that they are from a different source to yours ...... or may not, of course.
The pickups you are referring to may be aftermarket copies of the Dimarzio orignal. I suspect we'll never know. These particular pickups I got from FunkShui, who got the bass from Rasta, who actually assembled the bass. You might get more info from him.

I do feel for you writing that massive response and finding out it was almost all for nowt. I suspect that we've all done similar in the past. The usual scenario for me is to spend half and hour writing a post, press "post" and then the software crashes ... all lost.
[/quote]

Yeah I was quite chuffed with it at the time. :D
But hey if the all the info you have at that time doesn't tell 100% of the story then...

You know me, I couldn't resist it. I got the g/fs hairdryer out and heated one of them enough to make the resin/stuff soft enough to get the bobbin out. Sure enough DIMARZIO USA. Can't believe I paid £80 for the blondie bass genuine Dimarzio and all :D ... seen them go for much less too (in worse nick like).

Hey at the very least what I've done is highlight yours as being original after all. And I'm obviously over the moon about it too.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' timestamp='1367775256' post='2069322']
I reckon Ou7shined is leading the bidding ;)
[/quote]

Haha no thanks. I've had to stop buy pups for basses that don't exist yet as the pup drawer is full to brimming.

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1368114876' post='2073413']
Missed the end of the auction. Bargain price
[/quote]

Yup someone got a bargain. Think I could have sold it for more than £28.50 on here, which is effectively what I will get after fees.

Someone remind me to only use Feebay as a very, very last resort !

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1367764774' post='2069178']
Haha ta. :D

Just begs the question now, who was putting Dimarzios in these unbranded basses?
[/quote]

I was. The first thing I did when I bought my secondhand Jap crap, Precision, copy, in 1979, was to fit a set of DiMarzios. It was the done thing back then as you have now found out.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1368228092' post='2074819']
I was. The first thing I did when I bought my secondhand Jap crap, Precision, copy, in 1979, was to fit a set of DiMarzios. It was the done thing back then as you have now found out.
[/quote]

And I'm sure still goes on to this day. Was actually referring to a spate of identical unbranded (as in shipped with no name on the headstock) P basses with cream Dm's not home modded ones.