Why become a member? ×

The London Bass Guitar Show 2014

Silvia Bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1376505721' post='2175188']
Holy sh*t....

I got a reply from Billy Sheehan saying he would like to be at the show. Does anyone know anyone involved in organising that I can pass this email on to???
[/quote]

Yay!! I imagine, in the first instance, that you could simply ask them exactly who you should contact, through their website, here: [url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/contact-us/"]http://www.londonbas...com/contact-us/[/url]
Plenty of time, since it would not be for 2014 anyway.

If you draw a blank, another possible solution could be for me to have a word with Lars Mullen, the journalist/PR who is helping us immensely with publicity and rockstars contacts for the BC Bass Relay. He seems to work a lot with Blaze Publishing (sponsors of the show, as well as publisher of Bass Guitar Mag and others), so he might be willing and able to help. But before we pester him, I'd try the website.

Edit: come to think of it, it might even work for 2014 if we're lucky. Worth a try.

Edited by bluejay

I have mailed them at the Contact page on the website already, that was my first thought too... :)

Lars could be a good contact if I get no joy from the website, do you have his details?

Billy said the 2014 show would work for him which is great news, I'm sure there's capacity to squeeze a man of his calibre in!! :D

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1376506616' post='2175208']
I have mailed them at the Contact page on the website already, that was my first thought too... :)

Lars could be a good contact if I get no joy from the website, do you have his details?

Billy said the 2014 show would work for him which is great news, I'm sure there's capacity to squeeze a man of his calibre in!! :D
[/quote]

I do have Lars' details, yes but he's a very busy man, dealing with the stars themselves as well as the press, while this is possibly a matter for the organisers of the show and Billy's endorsers, as opposed to the press or Billy himself. Perhaps we should explore all other avenues first. If Billy is replying to your messages, perhaps you could ask him how we could go about helping this happen?

Oh dear, another diary clash has arisen. :(

I've got the opportunity to go on a girlie holiday to Tenerife, 1-8 March. Well I'm not going to turn that down, even though it does clash with LBGS. :P
So I shall have to bow out of this I'm afraid.

Seems ages since I saw you London guys. May have to wait until the SE Bash 2014 now! :o

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1377082613' post='2183050']
LOL I would still prefer Tenerife :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go on the hol and have a great time, Shell - we'll organise a weekend London meetup at some point, for those who have to miss the "official" gatherings.
[/quote]

That would be cool B)

[quote name='hernandoitwt' timestamp='1375708814' post='2164528']
I would love to see Chris Wolstenholme and Dom Howard there. There is always a section in Muse sets where they do a few little bass and drum tracks like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tA6M-Dnizk[/media]

Would love to see that!
[/quote]

I'm waiting for them to show up at the Mansons Guitar Show one day!

• 2 weeks later...