Why become a member? ×

The London Bass Guitar Show 2014

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376512495' post='2175383']
Ooooo I hope this means Ped's organising our presence there for next year too! I'd love to help out with the PR/rep stuff again :)
[/quote]

Looks like we should be on again :)

A lot more time for us to get organised this year too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1380714479' post='2229320']
Will be good to see you there! And fear not, I am so going to bang on about Basschat being there with our corner next to Bass Gear that nobody will be unaware of the event or our presence there :D :gas: :sun_bespectacled:
[/quote]

I find that very surprising and difficult to believe Sylvia :lol:

• 1 month later...

They've announced Jack Bruce on the Sunday, sponsored by Warwick.
[url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/jack-bruce-announced-in-association-with-warwick/"]http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/jack-bruce-announced-in-association-with-warwick/[/url]
Jeff Berlin, Roger Glover and Frank Bello have previously been announced as guests. This year is a veritable cracker :D

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1387484793' post='2312654']
Lee Sklar confirmed. Can't miss him!
[/quote]My decision not to go this time has now been severely challenged.

Edited by ezbass

I went this year for the first time and wished I'd brought my own bass when I was trying out bass gear. Does anyone know the policy about punters bringing in personal instruments to the show?

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

I have no answer to that, but I imagine it should be OK, if you don't mind lugging a bass around for the whole day. After all, if you bought a bass at the show and then carried it around to other stands and used it to try effects and cabs, I imagine that would be permitted...?

Edited by bluejay

I don't know what the score is with the LBGS but typically show frown upon you bringing your own gear in. Too easy for you to carry a gig bag with a POS in and swap it for something nice off a stand. Having taken my bass to Messe, they run a system where the bass is checked in, stickered and then you have to check it out again when you leave. It's a nightmare having it checked in and out and involved a lot of standing about waiting. My advice would be not to bother.

Also, if you are told you can bring it, then you get there and you are told that you can't take it inside, where do you leave your bass then?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1387538778' post='2313049']
I went this year for the first time and wished I'd brought my own bass when I was trying out bass gear. Does anyone know the policy about punters bringing in personal instruments to the show?

Jazzyvee
[/quote]

There were a number of people who brought their own basses last year, but in the 10's and not in the hundreds. I had my own basses there because I was helping out on the MB stand (and again this year), but not sure of there is an official policy for visitors, The LBGS has in the past (and this year too I would guess) operated a policy of quiet and loud sessions, to try and give people the opportunity to have sensible conversations for most of the time. If you're expecting to try amps/effects etc, with your own bass and with HIFI clarity, then you're gonna have to doing through headphones at quiet times or be an expert at blocking out the background noise of dozens of amps at full bore at noisy times!

I am working that weekend, but i have put out a shift swap request so i reckon i will be able to go. Very disappointed to be only able to make one day though. It looks like it will be Saturday, but missing Jack Bruce and Lee Sklar will be sad. But then i don`t want to miss Roger Glover either. Pity the 3 of them weren`t on the same day.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1387538778' post='2313049']

Jazzyvee
[/quote]

As an artist, I wasn't checked and was able to come and go with both my basses. I'm not sure what the score is with show-goers in general though.