Why become a member? ×

Shhh, don't tell the missus, I've just pulled the trigger.

Maude

Well after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing I've made the decision and ordered a Gedo hybrid bass with adjustable bridge and strung with Innovation Rockabillys, I went fir an adjustable bridge as I'm not sure what height is 'my height' yet dependant on what tension strings I settle on. I ordered it with Rockabillys but I think I might like the Honeys, I'll get my name on the Innovation string thread after the new bass arrives.
The worst bit now, the wait!

I've got five or six days to work on that one :0)
Without meaning to sound rude, you're the person that put doubt in my head about not getting the Rockabillys and going for the Honeys, at least I think it was you that loved them, I spent most of last night crawling the Innovation section. Once I've used this bass for a while I'll put my name down for a trial of the Honeys.

Yes, I loved the Honeys and have a set on my laminate bass. It's well worth signing up to a few different sets on Daf's trial so you can find out what strings suit you and your bass. But it's a right faff to keep changing them over. Sooner or later, you'll want another bass too. And a very big wardrobe to hide the extra bass ...

I think there's very little between honeys and spirocores in terms of sound and they feel pretty similar too, they are really great strings for the price.

If you decide you want a cheap set I've still got some somewhere that I'm not using. I've got a set of silver slaps that might be going soon too depending on how my laminate sounds once I've got the soundpost adjusted.

That bass sounds like a good choice by the way. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions on 'bass smuggling' :0)
Worst of all I've had to put her parents address down for delivery as we work in the day and I don't want it going back to the couriers. I have this weekend to sort it.
Every electric bass I buy is on the proviso that I sell a couple of the others to fund it, still got a rack full of basses though.
They're just getting bigger that's all,

I didn't actually say it was that cheap, I just showed her the really cheap ones you can get and said it looks like that, she just assumed I'd bought that one, and we all know you must never correct your wife :0)
So now that's sorted it's just a waiting game for the bass, I keep looking at pictures of it in anticipation. We've got a gig booked with the acoustic band in three weeks so I'm hoping I'll be used to it by then so I don't have to use the EUB.