Why become a member? ×

Stagg stand

Paul S

I was wondering if anyone used the Stagg stand for their EUB whilst playing and what it was like? I think it might help alleviate/eliminate a lot of the issues I am having at the moment (but then maybe it is just practice) with regard to keeping the beast steady and also allow it to stand there when I change to regular bass.

Any experiences?

ta!

I did a gig last night and really needed a stand as there was no corner to put it in, I like the idea of the homemade ones made from a snare drum stand with the top half removed. As for playing while in the stand I don't think its such a good idea plus I like to move about a bit if I can, it took me a while to get the right spot for the body arm but now I can get comfy right away, are you standing properly? Left leg in front like you are fencing, end pin moved away so the bass leans into you, nut set just above your eyebrow.

Cheers SR Pete. I am trying to get the posture right and start off in the correct position - but it seems to keep moving... Be interested to hear from anyone who does use the stand whilst playing and the pros and cons of it.

Playing with a genuine stagg stand would be rather troublesome i would think, although as a stand it seems to work rather well.
Collapsible, 8kg, sturdy and stable.

best idea is as Pete said posture and getting used to the bass.

As a stand to rest your Stagg on its perfect. Fully adjustable, rock solid and stable but packs down into a reletively small size. Cant fault it. Not sure how your supposed to use it to play with. Might get in the way a bit and the front to back angle isnt adjustable. Just the hight. I dont think its actually intended to be used while playing.

A

• 1 year later...

StingrayPete, thanks for the tips on how to stand with the Stagg EDB. I'm getting terrible back ache and arm ache . I wondered if I shold be investing in an EUB with a fixed stand. The Stagg seems to want to twist in my hand as I'm struggling to play it.

I used to find it wanted to spin round but not any more, is the framework sitting on your body? Im not sure one in a fixed position will help as you should be nice and relaxed and able to tilt the bass as you move up the board towards the bridge. I think even with good posture (mine is slipping into bad habits again) for a few months you will ache a bit, just try standing in that position for half an hour and you will ache a bit.