Why become a member? ×

2 octave Fretless Jazz. Lodestone. £SOLD "Roadworn."
£107

jonsparrow91

Defretted Lodestone Jazz Bass

This is a bit of a fixer but it works perfectly well! As you can see, it has been defretted by hand and I started a job refinishing it before I realized I can't afford to keep it. As a result, large chunks of finish are missing, it is scratched all over and there are patches of blue paint from tests. Luckily it is still rather presentable from the front, from a distance. :P

It's a Lodestone jazz bass, (rrp £300ish for new, £200ish for B-Stock/Showroom), Lodestone being the brand made by the guy who made the Trace Elliot T-Basses, and it sounds great. I currently have the action set just so it can go between that lovely "mwah" and clanky rock sounds depending on how you play, it's strung with Ernie Ball Chrome Flats (rrp £40) and will come with a gig bag. It's got a huge bridge for tons of sustain, some rather hot and covered pickups, two volumes and two tones.

I would prefer collection from Bristol but I can travel if costs are covered. :) Postage may be possible at buyer's risk and expense but at the moment I have no boxes for shipping. The bass would probably have to be dismantled.

Here's a quick demo I did to show off the lovely sounds. Pardon my poor intonation:

[media]http://youtu.be/Ffw3Di7HmKA[/media]

And here are pictures:

I guess I could have sold it off as "roadworn." :P

Edited by spaz91

• 3 weeks later...

I've scoured the house but I can't find a single tape measure or ruler. :( It's definitely thicker than my Jaguars neck and definitely not as thick as my Precision's.

(Jag/Jazz/Prec)

I'll have a look around for boxes and such but I'm 99% sure I'll have to dismantle it.

Dismantling isn't a problem for me. Currys type shops are good for big bits of boxes. I got told to help myself last time. A measurement of the neck (width and depth) would be good,though. I'll see if I can find it online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...