Why become a member? ×

String Identifier

ubassman

• 4 months later...

Currently using a set of pirastro flat chromesteels. Absolutely great strings and they won't let you away my sloppy technique as the Belcanto's. You can hear straight away when the bow isn't being drawn straight.

Brighter and faster response than the Belcanto's. All round a great string for bowing and more sustain when playing pizz then with the belcanto's.

Ill post a pic up later but the silks are white with a ruby spiral.

I've read great things about the Passiones. The Flatchromes are a tad cheaper and also came highly recommended from some of the Dublin players. They really do respond beautifully. My Belcanto's were about a year and half old and had been swapped about of bass's a bit so i might not be remembering them at their best but yea, a nice surprise to have strings work so well.

I've noticed that a lot of the opera guys are using Passiones as well now.

[quote name='JimmySims' timestamp='1405282255' post='2500470']
Can anyone help me,

I've got a set of strings that came off an old bass I recently bought. The ball end has red silk then black silk. at the head end, the E has red, the A has blue, the D has black and the G has gold/yellow.

Any clues?

Jimmy Sims
[/quote]
Corelli Tungstens

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...