Why become a member? ×

Free listings (items for sale)

ped

Hi guys

I'm happy to see so many people playing by the rules and putting the correct valuation on their items when listing them for sale.

However, we also find from time to time that users ignore the rules and list expensive items for £0 or less than £50 to circumvent the need to pay for the listing.

We spent a long time working with our developer to ensure you were able to list items under £50 for free.

Can you all help by 'reporting' any fraudulent adverts ASAP (button in bottom right of post) so we can take action?

If this continues, there'll be two options:

- Set any sub £50 items subject to moderator approval, causing delays in listing
- Remove the free option altogether

Thanks for your help in advance - we don't want to remove the free option to the vast majority of you who are honest and helping support the website.

ped

Yes! Thankfully, and as expected, we're talking about a tiny number of people, generally new members. Quite often it's a genuine mistake, too, so we're working on making it even more obvious.

Cheers
ped

• 1 month later...

Call me blind but I am wanting to list an item soon.

Using my mobile I can't see any info on fees or how this a paid..

I know there's a 50 quid sealing on ads that can be posted free..

Please can someone point me to the correct information.

Last time I sold on here the fee wasn't applicable.

This is a fantastic place to buy and sell and to exchange the wealth of information we have. Just want to make sure I am playing by the rule book.

Many thanks for accepting my ignorance.. Lol

All the best

Ben

Guest bassman7755

It asked you to pay as you submit your listing. The irony of this completely unintuitive bit of UI design is that it deters the most honest people because they are the ones who dont want to initiate the listing process for fear of having missed the payment method.

Edited by bassman7755