Why become a member? ×

RICKENBACKER 4003 Limited Edition Walnut Burst one of 25 **SOLD**
£1500

geofio

Rickenbacker Limited Edition 4003 One of 25 made, comes with certificate of authenticity, Bass was made january 2012. mint condition with Rickenbacker Hardshell case George 01294 604281 or 07707351915
Feedback [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164771-geofio-feedback/page__hl__geofio"]http://basschat.co.u...age__hl__geofio[/url]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gjw1yVt3YU[/media] £20 Delivery via courier, pick up welcome. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Edited by geofio

well to be honest it's hard to find a good ric and maybe thats what it takes to find a good one. no harm in owning lots of rics is there?? i am heading in a different direction and looking for a new sound , thats the reason i am selling. cheers

Edited by geofio

That is a delicious finish colour.
I've owned three Rics and couldn't be happy with any of them. Just didnt get on with the pickup arrangement with the U bend on or off.
Im tempted to try again on seeing this though; and get one of those pickup surrounds to rest the thumb on after the U bend has been removed.

Gorgeous bass. Good luck. B)

Get a nice Status to go with that Jazz George and then maybe a nice thumpy P bass.....and maybe a fretless WAL to finish off ;-)

Hope you find what you're looking for G.

Regarding Ricks, I'm coming to the conclusion that QC can be a bit shonky and they aren't the easiest bass to play from an ergonomic point of view, however if you like the 4003/4001 sound it seems to be the only way of getting that sound.

LOL, cheers matt, this is a particularly nice 4003 , one of the lucky ones everything is right about it , most of the new rics i tried were unplayable, this one just had it straight away!!! i had a choice of 3 walnutburst at the time, this baby just blew the others away, it had a real thickness to the sound and a Great E string. now where was i .......... need to save up for a status and a wal !!!! cheers

Edited by geofio

I've owned a good few Rics down the line, and my sole bass, and Ric, is one of George's ex's!

I've had new and vintage, and this one is certainly 'the one'.

Just gives an indication that George really knows his Rics - you'll be getting a cracker. :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1370364941' post='2099790']
I've owned a good few Rics down the line, and my sole bass, and Ric, is one of George's ex's!

I've had new and vintage, and this one is certainly 'the one'.

Just gives an indication that George really knows his Rics - you'll be getting a cracker. :)
[/quote]

My 4003 is an ex George as well, and it's a cracker. George is a top guy, buy with confidence