Why become a member? ×

Hi from Yolanda Charles

mamayo

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1370696261' post='2104512']
good afternoon and welcome, you can tell when its someone famous joining cos EVERYBODY says hello ;)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Oh be fair, I say hello to everyone. Mostly. [/size] :P

Edited by discreet

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1370709017' post='2104733']
Welcome Yolanda, great stuff. Of course you have created a monster for yourself! :lol:
Now, how long before the terminal GAS in the sweetie shop called "for sale"? :P
[/quote]

I am definitely not shopping, in fact I refuse to even look... Will just resist temptation.

"55 replies!, what a pity we cannot show such a response to non celeb newbies <_<"

Thanks to all for the greetings tho' I dunno about 'celeb' really???? that's quite funny!

Maybe they'll start a survival in the jazz solo programme called "I'm a bass player get me the hell........."

:D

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1370624394' post='2103669']
Hey Yolanda,

Welcome to BC! Apparently you have a lot to contribute, and I'm sure we'll be hanging from your lips trying to absorb each and every syllable.
Me, I noobly have no idea who you are, so I'd ask you to please cut me some slack, so I can find out before getting jealous. ;)

BTW, people are not having pops at famous people here. That is a very, very sad misunderstanding.
No fear. You'll do just fine.

Enjoy the site and its banter!

best,
bert
[/quote]

Thanks, and of course I didn't sign up here expecting people to know me already, I wanna introduce myself and share what I'm up to in the bass community. Feels like a nice warm welcoming place so far! :)

I'll post stuff and you'll get to know me eventually!

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1370627043' post='2103727']
Yolanda! We've never met but have sort of conversed many years ago on FB. I know there are MANY players on here who appreciate and respect your work. I hope you'll stick around and enjoy being part of the community. PS: Mr Weller lives down the road from me apparently...
[/quote]

I'll add the odd thought or two when it fits, nice to know there's positivity here.

Ooh yes Paul, must try n get him down to one of my Jam sessions. I bumped into him in a car park last time I saw him, was lovely to catch up. All smiles and good vibes.

• 2 weeks later...
:hi: .. Hi Yolanda. A little belated 'Hello' from me.. and welcome to BC! I now know that you've been around a good while, but you're sound/playing caught my attention when you played with Mike Lindup (L42) on his solo EP 'On The One'.. lovely groove/warm sound :) and Phil Gould (L42) on his album 'Watertight'..

(Anyway BC-ers, here is the lady playing 'Live' with Phil Gould and Mike Lindup on a track called "Colour of my pain".. enjoy!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvBfTEUsHo[/media] Edited by SimonEdward

Hi Yolanda. It's great to see you here! I recently saw you play at the Tower of Song in Birmingham. What a lovely evening that was! :-)

Steve (Lawson) mentioned he might be organising another bass night there before too long, and I do hope you'll be playing.

Enjoy the forum, and like Spacechick says, just ignore the small minority of jealous trolls. Most people on here are sound. :-)

• 8 months later...

Hi Yolanda, we met on Sunday at the London Bass show! I was trying out the Elixir strings on one corner when you were jamming with a drummer that popped in from the public, rememeber? Check [url="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OpwkPMINiTWFVwb0gzTUswcHlHSldjbFdDMGp6RVlfS213/edit?usp=sharing"]the picture of us[/url]!

I was very shy because I just started to play the bass guitar in July last year, but jamming with you felt amazing! We did chat very quickly at the end of the show. It was great meeting you! Loving your syncopation exercise!

I'm with [url="https://www.facebook.com/sparkandrunband"]Spark and Run[/url]. Come rock with us!

I had a chat with Yolanda (and Steve L.) too. She mentioned that while it was flattering, being showered with praise was also a little overwhelming. If you guys will accept her as a regular member, hopefully she might pop back soon.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1394033877' post='2387160']
I had a chat with Yolanda (and Steve L.) too. She mentioned that while it was flattering, being showered with praise was also a little overwhelming. If you guys will accept her as a regular member, hopefully she might pop back soon.
[/quote]

I didn' know she was not around anymore! #sigh

• 2 weeks later...