Why become a member? ×

Hi from Yolanda Charles

mamayo

Hi there, been reading the posts for a while - it's cool here!
I'm a London-based Bass Player working in the industry as a session player since 1990.
Thought it's time I joined. Will share what I'm up to with you all in case there's any interest :-)
Doing some Jam sessions based in London and recording an album. Just recentlly become a Mayones endorsee and with Aguilar for 1 year now.

Cheers!

Hi Yolanda and welcome!

As a female bassist myself I can say you have been a BIG inspiration to me :D

You've also given me the confidence to try a little singing (my voice is rubbish, backing vocals only) whilst playing.

The tutorial video that is on YouTube of you showing how to start doing this is amazing!!

Really great to have you on board.....although be warned, there is a (I assume jealous) contingent on here that like to have a pop at talented pros like yourself!! Just don't take anything to heart ;)

Debs x

Haha! hi there back - appreciate the tips about the forum
and well you have to have a thick skin to get up on stage huh! I'll be gentle with them.. :-)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1370616526' post='2103535']
Hi Yolanda and welcome!

As a female bassist myself I can say you have been a BIG inspiration to me :D

You've also given me the confidence to try a little singing (my voice is rubbish, backing vocals only) whilst playing.

The tutorial video that is on YouTube of you showing how to start doing this is amazing!!

Really great to have you on board.....although be warned, there is a (I assume jealous) contingent on here that like to have a pop at talented pros like yourself!! Just don't take anything to heart ;)

Debs x
[/quote]
Thanks Debs, glad if it helps - stil working on all of the above of course as are we all whatever level we're at!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1370616526' post='2103535']

[/quote]

+1. Really useful video, although it turns out I've got a horrible voice :blink:

I really enjoyed your album "The Game", can't believe it was nearly 10 years ago... any chance of another one?

Welcome aboard!

We meet again :-p Welcome to BC.

[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/Bcbassrelay/image_zpse5a7e71c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zpse5a7e71c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1370617434' post='2103561']
+1. Really useful video, although it turns out I've got a horrible voice :blink:

I really enjoyed your album "The Game", can't believe it was nearly 10 years ago... any chance of another one?

Welcome aboard!
[/quote]

Thanks v much I am recording another (and posting here in between takes tut tut) Here's a link to my last album
http://thedeepmo.bandcamp.com/
Hope you like that one as well!

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1370617447' post='2103564']
Welcome from Bonny (and sunny today!) Scotland. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
We got rain... :-( still my studio tan's coming along nicely and hiya back!

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1370618208' post='2103578']
We meet again :-p Welcome to BC.

[url="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/Bcbassrelay/image_zpse5a7e71c.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]
ooh what a pic..!. more sleep girl!

Like you need to introduce yourself here. B)[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]And "...in case there's any interest". What? From a real bass player, not like the rest of us who just think we are. Well except wateroftyne and Guy Prat and Kevin Glasgow and...[/size]

[size=4]Welcome on board.[/size]

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1370617803' post='2103566']
Welcome and kudos for joining our community, it's always good to have recognised names contributing :)
[/quote]
My sentiments exactly.
Beware - BC is mightily addictive!

Welcome Yolanda. So nice to have another professional bass player on here to keep the rabble like myself right :) . Really loved your playing with Mr Weller especially on the clip below.

http://youtu.be/iRRB-MS7gJY

Lovely looking P bass as well. Do you still have it/use it?

[quote name='wwcringe' timestamp='1370624070' post='2103663']
Ah! Forgive my ignorance everyone!!!! Lol

Haven't really been following the relay but perhaps I should sign up :)

are those top frets filled? (..yet..!??)
[/quote]

...no :-P I removed them as I needed them elsewhere and never got round to filling or replacing them.

Hey Yolanda,

Welcome to BC! Apparently you have a lot to contribute, and I'm sure we'll be hanging from your lips trying to absorb each and every syllable.
Me, I noobly have no idea who you are, so I'd ask you to please cut me some slack, so I can find out before getting jealous. ;)

BTW, people are not having pops at famous people here. That is a very, very sad misunderstanding.
No fear. You'll do just fine.

Enjoy the site and its banter!

best,
bert

Hey Yolanda - yeah like already said - you don't need a big introduction here, I reckon you're a bit late to the party :happy: but very very welcome.

Always good to see a player of your calibre on side :) B) there's not many about :rolleyes: :o (ducks for cover) :huh:

Have fun,

John