Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 1600

lushuk

Update on my SR1205 'saga' ;-)
Bass sent back, received yesterday and long call on the issue and on my expectations: no refund but replacement with a new one as soon as possible (as, strange enough, the bass is now +£110 compared to the order I made last week on their website...).
"Bear with me, let me see what I can do".
Today I've received an "order confirmation" email from GAK stating a SR1205 is to be delivered tomorrow.
Finger crossed, hope this is the right one.

Edited by andreapenna

I received the bass just last week; after two days I realized the neck had an issue and called them to arrange the replacement: you have to send it back, we will inspect and decide.
The initial position from their side was "we can refund you", I told them, "no, I want a new right one"; "we have to have a chat with Ibanez, to see what they can do", "What? I tell you what you have to do: replace and send the faulty one to Ibanez, what else???".
Anyway, tomorrow I will welcome the courier and will let you know what there is inside the box...

The fact that is still not clear to me, is why after I bough mine, the price went up of another £110 on their website.
I paid it £835, and the day after it went to £949 - [url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-sr1205-vnf-vintage-natural-flat/45301"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-sr1205-vnf-vintage-natural-flat/45301[/url]
And another strange thing is that almost all the pickups screws and two on the bridge were like oxidized...

cheers,
Andrea

That's what I'm thinking.
Sounds like a shop soiled bass & they've wanted rid of it, so advertised the bass at the cheaper price without saying it's actual condition.
I wouldn't accept anything other than a replacement.

Bingo!
That is exactly my impression. but I don't think ex-demo since there were absolutely no scratches on the body, nothing.
Probably someone else returned it before me... the price was down to £835 while I started looking around and comparing prices, then it jumped to £949, and then went down to £835 again. This is when I bought it. So could be that is when someone else returned it back to them?
But since I have no evidences, I can just say this sounds realistic but I can't prove it.
And, yes, the replacement should be on its way right now.

[quote name='andreapenna' timestamp='1371803176' post='2118228']
Bingo!
That is exactly my impression. but I don't think ex-demo since there were absolutely no scratches on the body, nothing.
Probably someone else returned it before me... the price was down to £835 while I started looking around and comparing prices, then it jumped to £949, and then went down to £835 again. This is when I bought it. So could be that is when someone else returned it back to them?
But since I have no evidences, I can just say this sounds realistic but I can't prove it.
And, yes, the replacement should be on its way right now.
[/quote]
Really strange set of circumstances this...Ibanez QC is usually first rate. Just goes to show! Hope the replacement is on the money dude.

Nothing arrived yet. The email said "next day delivery" but when clicked on "order tracking" the website said "within 10 working days".
So it means, without doubts, that this time it will be straight from Ibanez distributir and not from the shop stock.

Will let you know.

[quote name='andreapenna' timestamp='1372265966' post='2123645']
Just received:

"
Dear customer,

We are delighted to inform you that the goods you've ordered have been shipped today.

Details of your order:
======================
(cut cut cut.....)
"
[/quote]
I bought my 1205 from Thomann - superb, professional service!!!

SR1605 arrived today :)

Will return it tomorrow, it's too neck diving for me (just checked and poplar is nearly half the weight of ovangkol) and probably this is an explanation why a 1606 doesn't exist: a six strings will be too neck diving to be acceptable.
And honestly the quality of the details is just acceptable :unsure:

I will order a 1205 instead.

Have to say the three 1200 series basses I've seen in the flesh have left me distinctly underwhelmed on the QC front. They play very nicely, and I'm a big fan of the Nordy pups, but the detail finish just isn't up to the price tag.

I really wanted one, too... :(

[quote name='andreapenna' timestamp='1372790457' post='2130082']
Thomann accepted a full refund and collection at zero cost.
sr1205 ordered.

This is definitely last chance for me with this Premium line *worst ever choosen name!!!
[/quote]
Feel really bad for you. Personally I would have given up on them by now. I had a couple of minor niggles with my 1205 but nothing like the issues you have encountered.

On another note I saw one of the new lower price point Gerald Veasley signature model Ibanez's in guitar guitar the other day....a large gap in the neck pocket on the body left me suitably unimpressed. I sincerely hope Ibanez are not on a slippery slope here.......

Edited by White Cloud