Why become a member? ×

We Need Strings - Charity

tayste_2000

Sorry, I've not yet dug out my old strings, but I will! I think I have a few guitar strings too which are still playable. I was going to string up an old guitar I was given with them, but a set of strings isn't expensive anyway, so some disadvantaged musician might as well have them.

Great idea, currently don't have any spare sets though. Recently gave all my back issues of BGM to the music department where my wife works as a TA with special needs kids. Seems they have so few resources to encourage them, and they love a music magazine to spark their minds.
Good luck.
Cheers
Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, to give everyone an update on this I spoke to Janek recently and basically he's been absolutely overwhelmed by the response as have we to be honest.

I've got 2 boxes here waiting to go out to him that will be sent probably March now and he's looking into bulk methods of shipping from him to the locations and has apparently got

What I may start doing as the quality of strings varies is chucking the crap (I mean seriously people just sent us cut up strings that are of no use to anyone) and just sending across the neatly packaged and coiled ones.

So if people want to continue sending the strings that's fine I'll be updating the facebook just to update everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...