Alder tone block with figured poplar top
3 piece ash neck
ebony fingerboard
brass nut
ebon Ramp
ebony knobs & pick up covers
Bassculture pick ups
John East SP2 preamp Vol, Bal, Bass, Mids, Treble, Passive/Active, tone knob

The bass is a fantastic instrument in almost brand new condition, practically unplayed as they guy i bought it from had to sell due to injury shortly after he took delivery. Lowest action i have ever seen on a bass possible; the strings lower until they rest on all frets pretty much all at once, can't imagine a bass with lower action. [size=4]The ramp is currently off and is designed to be held on with double sided tape, so can easily be taken off if you don't fancy a ramp and it will leave no mark whatsoever. [/size]

[size=4]The bass has so much tonal character. I hate to use such cliches, however notes really do jump off the fretboard and are almost piano like at times. I [/size]haven't[size=4] heard or played with Bassculture pickups before but they are really nice and look great with the wood covers.The preamp is superb; 3 band eq on top and dip switches inside to control mid frequency/range and trim pots to set the bass and treble frequency. Passive mode is great and the passive tone knob is a great feature. The Holly top is a lovely cream colour in real life and is just lovely. Comes with the factory supplied Warwick Rockcase and truss rod keys, also the original order documentation.[/size]

Contacted Enrico last week and the bass would cost 3400 new today. The bass is in mint condition and only a year old so it's a great chance to own as close to a custom order from Wood and Tronics as possible.

[size=4]Trades? Interested in Amps/Cabs mainly but would consider basses, minimum trade value of [b]£1800. [/b]I will not be able to add cash but will happily take it.[/size]

[size=4]Cash sale for [b][s]£1800[/s][/b] [/size][s][b]£1730[/b][/s][b] £1650. [/b]I will ship if required but would be much, much more comfortable in jumping on the train and delivering the bass as a train station to keep things safe.

No longer in such a hurry to sell this so lets see whats on offer :)

Cheers
[attachment=137259:DSC07302.jpg]
[attachment=137260:DSC07322.jpg]
[attachment=137261:post-7615-0-17047900-1369053918.jpg]

Edited by Kev

All pm's replied to. I'm not really interested in another Warwick as I do still fancy a change. No real preference over 4 or 5 strings but 6 is a little too far. Also very keen on at least a passive option in the electronics. I am leaning towards moving this on now so offers now seriously considered...

Edited by Kev

Definitely for sale, it just isn't me. Picture of the bass without the ramp and the headstock:

[url="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/KevMan69/media/Snapbucket/F2B22966_zps98920d9b.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/KevMan69/media/Snapbucket/C8E95B38_zps8e13273d.jpg.html"][/url]

It really is a great bass and a real bargain considering this is as close to brand new and unplaced as you can get.

EDIT: Potential new bass purchase means a cash sale for this would now be preferable, £1800 is a great price and a full blown custom order would costs close to double this.

Edited by Kev

Several nibbles but no bites, shall I play with the price? Really need this sold asap before my target bass gets sold to someone else!

Call is £1730 shipped to UK, however trade value remains at £1800.

Couldn't agree with you there my friend, this forum is one of the best places to buy and sell basses In Europe, when the market is right! Just a buyers market at the moment is all.

Edited by Kev

Please send it away Kev. It's already too much bass for what I would use it for but I can't help having a want/need for some w&t in my life!!

I love my Warwick dolphin pro1 but its making me question keeping it..... and Ive had that over 15 years 😳😳

😄 😈Naughty zoid!!!!

This bass is now available again. Price of 1730 remains, or trade value of 1800. Will consider trades for 4 or 5 string basses only. These prices are STRICT. :)

[quote name='Beneath It All' timestamp='1372777379' post='2129827']
Hi..Is this specifically for E to C stringing? Which far-away Galaxy are you from?
[/quote]

From the pics it has a brass nut cut specifically for those gauges so could be modified but with quite a bit of faff ;)

...and I believe he's from the Leamington Spa galaxy :o

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1372777805' post='2129841']

From the pics it has a brass nut cut specifically for those gauges so could be modified but with quite a bit of faff ;)

...and I believe he's from the Leamington Spa galaxy :o
[/quote].............Cheers! I should have asked 'Is this model recommended for E to C, B to G, or either'.

I will check when i am next at home but i would think that the nut will accomodate BEADG without modification, i believe all Wood and Tronics 33 inchers are shipped EADGC unless you request otherwise as Enrico recommends it, however i have seen many a BEADG. Of course, intonation and possible truss rod adjustments would be necessary, but i doubt you would need to touch the nut :) But as i say, i have a .130 string at home so i shall try it on later this week!

and indeed i am from sunny Leamington Spa.

[quote name='Beneath It All' timestamp='1372782686' post='2129935']
.............Cheers! I should have asked 'Is this model recommended for E to C, B to G, or either'.
[/quote]

:D I figured you knew about set ups n nut alterations n wotnot as you've been playing for longer than I've been alive B)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1372788344' post='2130046']
I will check when i am next at home but i would think that the nut will accomodate BEADG without modification, i believe all Wood and Tronics 33 inchers are shipped EADGC unless you request otherwise as Enrico recommends it, however i have seen many a BEADG. Of course, intonation and possible truss rod adjustments would be necessary, but i doubt you would need to touch the nut :) But as i say, i have a .130 string at home so i shall try it on later this week!
and indeed i am from sunny Leamington Spa.
[/quote]

I ws just looking at this photo of yours showing the headstock and nut and it doesn't look like there's much wriggle room in that slot for a wider string in there... [url="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/KevMan69/media/Snapbucket/C8E95B38_zps8e13273d.jpg.html"]http://s75.photobucket.com/user/KevMan69/media/Snapbucket/C8E95B38_zps8e13273d.jpg.html[/url]
could just be the angle though :)

Maybe, however there is another W&T for sale on here at the moment that was strung E-C and is now being advertised as B-G so i still think there will be room for a 130 B in that nut, but as i say i will have a look at the end of the week and take another photo :) In any case, i am yet to here a good solid B on anything less than 34" scale so i would probably recommend this remains at E-C.