Why become a member? ×

help - digital delay pedal

kneal6

I've just got a frontline digital delay from ebay and I'm having trouble figuring it out. I've attatched a pic.

It's got knobs for repeats and delay level, then it's got 2 switches, the top one sets the delay range (0.6s/OFF/1.2s), the other one I'm not sure about. The delay time is set with the 2 red buttons on the bottom, you have to hold them down for quite a bit before they do anything.

So, I can get it to work as a normal delay, but I don't know what the bottom switch does. It has 3 settings, OFF/HOLD/SMPL. OFF is for normal delay, the other 2 don't seem to do anything when selected, the light doesn't come on when I hit the footswitch, nothing.

Anyone got any insight as to what these other modes do? It seems to be a generic jap design, there's very similar pedals under the brand name CORON as well...

Edited by kneal6

What dr.funk said

These pedals often have sample/loop modes. I'm not sure what the difference is in this case between the modes "HOLD" and SMPL" (SMPL is "Sample" obviously).

Try setting a long delay time, switching to one of these modes, then experiment with the footswitch. Try switching it on and holding it down while you play something and listen to see if anything different happens. "HOLD" might allow you to "overdub" the delay part continuously while you keep the switch pressed. Whereas "SMPL" might allow you to "record" something (within the duration of the delay time set) while the switch is held down, and then it will replay this continualy when you release the switch.

Just guessing, but it's worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='kneal6' post='22397' date='Jun 23 2007, 05:29 PM']I've just got a frontline digital delay from ebay and I'm having trouble figuring it out. I've attatched a pic.

It's got knobs for repeats and delay level, then it's got 2 switches, the top one sets the delay range (0.6s/OFF/1.2s), the other one I'm not sure about. The delay time is set with the 2 red buttons on the bottom, you have to hold them down for quite a bit before they do anything.

So, I can get it to work as a normal delay, but I don't know what the bottom switch does. It has 3 settings, OFF/HOLD/SMPL. OFF is for normal delay, the other 2 don't seem to do anything when selected, the light doesn't come on when I hit the footswitch, nothing.

Anyone got any insight as to what these other modes do? It seems to be a generic jap design, there's very similar pedals under the brand name CORON as well...[/quote]
:) I'VE GOT ONE OF THESE THAT ALAS NO LONGER WORKS. JUST TRIED TO GET IT REPAIRED BUT GEEZER UNABLE TO GET SPARE PART!! SHAME BECAUSE THE SOUND KNOCKS SPOTS OFF MY RECENTLY PURCHASED MULTI UNIT! IF ANYONE READS THIS AND KNOWS WHERE SPARES CAN BE OBTAINED I'D BE VERY GRATEFUL - I HAVE A CIRCUIT DIAGRAM BY THE WAY.

RE ABOVE QUERY, I ALSO SCRATCHED MY HEAD AND HAD A TWIDDLE AND I NEVER DID FATHOM IT OUT, BUT IT DID ALL I WANTED.