Why become a member? ×

Fender Rascal bass - Ever seen one?

Noisyjon

[quote name='Iheartreverb' timestamp='1407396557' post='2520023']
I stumbled on these a few days ago. Personally I love the look of it, but as discussed, everyone has different style.
A note on the price. GAK has one for a out £600
[/quote]GAK could have one for £6.00, I still wouldn't have it. It is hideous in places where most basses don't even have places.

I like it. Maybe not the colour but otherwise I like the look.

I find it quite amusing that people are always knocking Fender for just basically having minor variations on two or three models. Yet when they bring something different out it is immediately dismissed because its different. Ok so the pups make it look like a guitar, so what. I don't play a jazz bass because it doesn't look like a guitar.

Btw when are Hofner going to bring out a violin guitar?

Edited by great harry

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1407421634' post='2520336']
Yet when they bring something different out it is immediately dismissed because its different.
[/quote]
I don't dislike it because it's different.
I dislike it because it's hideous.
:)

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1407413663' post='2520231']
Speaking of thin-on-the-ground Fenders... anyone ever seen a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Performer_Bass"]1980s Performer bass[/url]? I love the body shape, not sure about the headstock.

[/quote]

I saw one of these, sunburst, mint, tags, for sale in a shop in Berlin a while ago. Half of the guy's stock seemed to be stuff he'd personally bought in the 80s. Can't remember the exact asking price, but it was somewhere between 'pfff' and 'ouch'.

I like the Rascal.

I would not say no at this stage. It's got kind of a Jag/Dano vibe about it, which was a mod I had considered making to my Jag.
Now I can keep both my Jag and Dano DC intact AND have crazt hybrid styles.
Now, to find one in New Zealand and play it...
GAS levels rising...

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1407413663' post='2520231']
Speaking of thin-on-the-ground Fenders... anyone ever seen a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Performer_Bass"]1980s Performer bass[/url]? I love the body shape, not sure about the headstock.

[/quote]

There was one on eBay maybe a year back. IIRC starting bid was £600. Or maybe £900. I did think it was the best-looking Fender bass I'd seen, but I'm not a Fenderhead..

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1407402313' post='2520082']
GAK could have one for £6.00, I still wouldn't have it. It is hideous in places where most basses don't even have places.
[/quote]

Agree. I wouldn't have one if they were giving them away with a fiver stuck between the strings. Just wrong in every way.

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1407499482' post='2521170']
Invercargill? That's Burt Munro country, isn't it? :)
[/quote]

The very same!
I've given up the Roses of Tralee for the sounds of hoons on their motorbikes on windswept Oreti Beach! haha
Chur bro, as the kiwis do often say

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1408205174' post='2528086']
When I read 'and what a price', I imagined it was going to be around £300... what a price indeed. *Has cardiac arrest*
[/quote]

The new Mexican model that I played today is £680 list, hardly cardiac territory :P

The £6k custom shop model is indeed ridiculous.

Edited by theyellowcar

• 2 weeks later...