Why become a member? ×

Bass Player wanted for Session Work (Vegetarian)

Gweb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1385587865' post='2290101']
^^^ :(
[/quote]
Indeed. Food politics is a massive issue, from animal welfare to governmental nutrition 'advice'. A lot of vegetarians and vegans, and macrobiotics, who make that choice because they they believe animals should not be eaten don't often realise the human suffering that goes into fruit and veg production.

I love meat, but I am also highly concerned about animal welfare.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1396046039' post='2409524']
Indeed. Food politics is a massive issue, from animal welfare to governmental nutrition 'advice'. A lot of vegetarians and vegans, and macrobiotics, who make that choice because they they believe animals should not be eaten don't often realise the human suffering that goes into fruit and veg production.

I love meat, but I am also highly concerned about animal welfare.
[/quote]

And don't get me started on corn syrup!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1396046412' post='2409530']
And don't get me started on corn syrup!
[/quote]

Yeah f*** corn syrup. And f***ing palm oil.

And why don't peeps eat butter anymore? Because they were taught to eschew healthy natural products and eat that sh*t the gub'nint says is healthy - highly processed, toxin-rich f***ing sh*t like Olivio.

Edited by xilddx

[quote]Let's not forget that music/bass playing isn't just Mustang Sally down the local.[/quote]

Err, it was last Friday at our gig! Love it or hate it, the crowd always boogie to it. Most of the punters are there to have fun, and that song always goes down well at a general party gig however cheesy the seasoned musicians think it may be. If the punters love it, then give them what they want.

As for bassists and food - well what about the poor tree that died to make your instrument. And do food-protest bands only play instruments with no animal content...? Do they actually KNOW what goes into making all those wires, pots, finishes, colours etc? Animal-based food for thought!

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1396047187' post='2409537']
Yeah f*** corn syrup. And f***ing palm oil.

And why don't peeps eat butter anymore? Because they were taught to eschew healthy natural products and eat that sh*t the gub'nint says is healthy - highly processed, toxin-rich f***ing sh*t like Olivio.
[/quote]

Mrs Axe and I [i]love[/i] butter - life's too short to eat synthetic spreadable reduced-fat sh!te.