Why become a member? ×

Bass Player wanted for Session Work (Vegetarian)

Gweb

Hi, a bit of an odd request - I am looking for a vegetarian bass player (and guitarist as it happens) to do some bits of session work in the North West (Manchester) area but over the web possibly considered. Paid work; music is quite experimental - think NIN; lots of atmosphere, would prefer someone with metal leanings but not essential.

Please PM me here on BC. Thank you.

Mmm , that's food for thought. But , as I am more of an Atkins diet man I'm out ! Don't do diets either. Have you spoke to morrissey?
I went for an audition many years ago; 'we're left wing' and Mr. Drums is a veggie' . Left wing? I was thinking mmmm chicken wings.
I flew off after about half an hout.
Good luck with the search ;)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1373315633' post='2136139']
Mmm , that's food for thought. But , as I am more of an Atkins diet man I'm out ! Don't do diets either. Have you spoke to morrissey?
I went for an audition many years ago; 'we're left wing' and Mr. Drums is a veggie' . Left wing? I was thinking mmmm chicken wings.
I flew off after about half an hout.
Good luck with the search ;)
[/quote]

Thank you! My fingers are crossed.

[quote name='Bassclef' timestamp='1374574983' post='2150230']... It's no different to a Christian band asking for a Christian bass player....[/quote]

A concept I still have difficulty with, but... whatever... :mellow:

[quote name='paulieaudiobloom' timestamp='1374575318' post='2150242']Did you find your bass player?[/quote]

Not even a sausage, then..? :unsure:

[quote name='Gweb' timestamp='1374658824' post='2151334']There's a couple of people on a shortlist now...[/quote]

Have you met any of them in the flesh? The steaks are high...

Just out of interest, is there anything stopping someone just pretending to be a veggie to get the job? :huh:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1374661593' post='2151374']

Just out of interest, is there anything stopping someone just pretending to be a veggie to get the job? :huh:
[/quote]

and then when the producer finally declares 'it's a wrap' , you pull out the secret bacon sandwich :P

but as you say joking aside, when you audition how would you know whether anyone is veggie or not? :huh:

Why is it that meat-eaters often resort to "humour" when they encounter a veg*n? Perhaps what we have to say might make you feel a bit uncomfortable so you try to deflect attention away from the real issues?

Guys, the jokes are crap and pointless. Please leave it out, we've heard them all before.