Why become a member? ×

TKS Engineering cabs - new to the UK

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1398507118' post='2434755']
Here's a clip from my gig last night where I used the H115, on loan from its soon-to-be owner.
[/quote]

John hasn't paid for it yet?!?! :o :D

I like the sound of "fat and authoritative".... it conjours up an image...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1398626548' post='2435972']
Phew... I thought you were going to post a picture of Mrs. WoT.
[/quote]

Oh your gonna be toast sonny jim if Rach sees that comment.......... :o

• 2 months later...

Oooh.. Tommy's just posted this on his Facebook page. Looks very interesting...!

[quote][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial,]There is a new cabinet under development! It's a more portable version of the current H115. 1126-sized, and that's just enough to fit the 15" speaker and a tweeter. The port is moved to the rear side to keep the size down, and the cabinet r[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial,]etains almost all the low end capability of the current H115.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Since it uses a high excursion 15" speaker this gives a very good combination of displacement (capability to move much air in the lower frequencies without "running out of steam") and high sensitivity, it will be a very good companion to amplifiers around 1000W for anyone who needs to play loud. Especially when used in a pair, for a portable and powerful 2x15 setup.[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Here's a picture with the grille cloth off.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1406287642' post='2510158']
That looks like a nice compact one cab setup for most gigs!
[/quote]

Indeed! :gas: One of those and a massively powerful head, say a Carvin B1000 (which has really piqued my interest of late), would be an amazingly compact, powerful and versatile setup... I would guess 2 would be overkill...

Eude

I think shelved ports are easier to build but I dislike them,...they unbalance the look of a cab.
I've never minded rear-ported myself if you want to put it out of the way.
I like the general look and vibe of the TKS cabs but I don't like the idea of top dollar cabs
with a design compromise, IMO...
Talking bass cabs here, not bins...

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1406454062' post='2511517']
I think shelved ports are easier to build but I dislike them,...they unbalance the look of a cab.
I've never minded rear-ported myself if you want to put it out of the way.
I like the general look and vibe of the TKS cabs but I don't like the idea of top dollar cabs
with a design compromise, IMO...
Talking bass cabs here, not bins...
[/quote]

Ah, OK.

FWIW, the new S112s have circular rear ports, too.

I am keeping my eye on those...as an alternative to Berg 12's which I sometime use.
At first, I was thinking I wanted the larger 1126 but those type of gigs are covered by others
very well, so I can be thinking in terms of small and punchy S112s..maybe, as long as I can
fit an amp on top as I don't have a mini/class D...
Having said that...that could change as well.

I could move on the Bergs and Thunderfunk for the small class D rig. It would still have
to get loud tho at times.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1406456328' post='2511535']
I am keeping my eye on those...as an alternative to Berg 12's which I sometime use.
At first, I was thinking I wanted the larger 1126 but those type of gigs are covered by others
very well, so I can be thinking in terms of small and punchy S112s..maybe, as long as I can
fit an amp on top as I don't have a mini/class D...
Having said that...that could change as well.

I could move on the Bergs and Thunderfunk for the small class D rig. It would still have
to get loud tho at times.
[/quote]

As it happens, the chap who bought my S112 is coming across from Berg 12s,.. as did I. IME, the 1126 was more like the Berg. It's very wide - not my cup of tea personally, but others will lap it up.

The S112 is sooo punchy, and the mids 'speak' wonderfully. Ask for them in horizontal configuration, and your amp will sit on top :-)

• 1 month later...

Stage 1 of the process complete. Amp for this rig sorted.
Next up is the cab sale.
I have a gig rig to cover that...

Can't decide what custom cover I want...
think white looks FAB...but maybe not the most practical... :lol:
I've decided I can go class D in that I have that amp option but I want
the ceramic S112 with a horn..x 2.