Why become a member? ×

SOLD Epiphone Custom Shop Limited Edition EB3 & case
£225

Sparky Mark

Unlike the new standard Epi EB3, this is short scale with dot fret markers as per the original Gibson EB3. In mint condition with Epiphone hardcase. £225.

It is a lovely bass and I am only selling because I now have a Gibson SG bass which cost much more. To be honest blindfolded I cannot tell them apart either by feel or sound. Set up with roundwounds.

Local(ish) delivery or collection from Hertford please. Thanks for looking.
[attachment=160347:EB3Front.jpg][attachment=160348:EB3Frontclose.jpg][attachment=160349:EB3headfront.jpg][attachment=160350:EB3headrear.jpg][attachment=160351:EB3Rearclose.jpg][attachment=160352:EBCase.jpg][attachment=160353:EBCaseopen.jpg][attachment=160858:EB3 SGi.jpg] EB3 between two SGs to confirm body shape. (Note extra 2 frets on EB3)

Edited by Sparky Mark

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1373406838' post='2137366']
Is this an Epiphone Elitist ?

Gibson pick ups etc?
[/quote]

Not sure, although it did have stickers on the pups saying they are USA designed with alnico classic magnets, double vacuum waxed, enamel wire.

This isn't an Elitist model. They had an Elitist sig instead of Limited Edition on the back of the neck. This is an Epiphone 1960's Limited Edition which was in production briefly about three or four years ago. I have one myself and it's really just a short scale version of the standard Epi EB-3.

Edited by Fozza

• 9 months later...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1397994854' post='2429277']
Hi I just wondered if you are up for any trades or just a cash sale? cheers :)
[/quote]
Thanks but as i am looking to get some space back cash is preferred.
Cheers.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1398002127' post='2429389']
I had to look twice but I think it is just a trick of the camera
[/quote]
Yes, I think the wide angle lens has exagerated the EB3's body slight offset in the first picture. Everything is as it should be.
Cheers.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1398002127' post='2429389']
I had to look twice but I think it is just a trick of the camera
[/quote]
I have added a picture of the EB3 between two SGs that are the same shape as each other. The camera is distorting their shape/size as well. Just spotted that the EB3 actually has two extra frets. I don't go up the dusty end :)

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1398118599' post='2430735']
I have added a picture of the EB3 between two SGs that are the same shape as each other. The camera is distorting their shape/size as well. Just spotted that the EB3 actually has two extra frets. I don't go up the dusty end :)
[/quote] I thought it was a trick of the camera and for what it is worth I think it is a great bass but all I can offer atm is a good luck bump :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='DunRockin' timestamp='1401359977' post='2462764']
Arggh - this is perfect for my recently revived Inner Andy Fraser - I'm in Cheshire, though, too far to pick up. Any chance of a rethinking re posting it?
[/quote]
PM replied to.
Cheers.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Fozza' timestamp='1373443480' post='2137545']
This is an Epiphone 1960's Limited Edition which was in production briefly about three or four years ago. I have one myself and it's really just a short scale version of the standard Epi EB-3.
[/quote]

They did a long scale ltd edition at the same time - which included a white one which was in rocking horse sh*t territory. Dawsons in Manchester advertised having them but when I went to check it out it was the shorter scale one :angry:
I've no idea why they seem to stretch the headstock on Epiphone's SG basses - but from what I saw the Ltd Ed ones didn't have that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...