Why become a member? ×

Can anyone ID this mystery Framus bass?

Ben Jamin

My Dad's been looking to take up bass for a while now and yesterday he showed me this bass - he'd been given it by a local church he works for - it'd just been sitting in storage for years. It was covered in bits of white paint and general grime/dust and I didn't think much of it until I plugged it in and it sounded/played pretty good! Then I noticed it was a Framus (or claims to be) with 'made in West Germany' stamped on the neckplate. Got a bit excited and naturally offloaded all my Framus/Warwick historical knowledge in true geeky Basschat fashion, which didn't mean much to my Dad. Or anyone really. Anyway I gave it a good clean - the truss rod needs a little tweak and it could with some new strings, but everything works great - every fret is good and the intonation is all good. The pick-up sounds really nice.

I just can't find any info on it - all the other shortscale Framus' I can find on the web seem to be semi-hollow and pretty different! Just wondered if anyone could shed some light as to what this bass is?

Cheers!
Ben :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1373566801' post='2139165']
[url=http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/modells/instruments.php?modellID=60&katID=4621&cl=EN]Framus Junior 4[/url].
[/quote]

That was quick!
Cheers! Didn't know they had a vintage archive, that's a neat idea :)

• 1 year later...