Why become a member? ×

Hello from NW London

gilead

I found this forum while googling Mazeti. It is nice to know that there is a lively bass player community (even though it looks like the undisputed majority hails from Lincoln).

I have been playing 5 strings for almost 20 years, and 4 strings for about 6 years earlier, before discovering low B. My long-standing 5 string partner in crime has remained unchanged, and is a chap called Blake with Steinberger licenced hardware and two EMG Select humbuckers (looks like the Steinberger XL5N but with a slightly curvy body). I know nothing about the origins of this bass. I saw it in a shop one day and spent an hour playing it at the end of which we decided we'd make a good team. The pic is an earlier version of me with the bass, and a Gallien Krueger MB150E112 behind the guitaist's head.

Earlier basses were a Peavey T-40 and a Fender Squier Precision, but they are both long gone (as are the hair and beard).

I also play guitars and keyboards, but bass has always been my instrument of choice for live situations.
I'm on the market now for a good 5 or 6 string fretless.

Gil.

Edited by gilead