3 replies to this topic

#1 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Interests:Free Beer

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

As the forum has grown and become busier it's creating more work for the Moderating team who volunteer their time to help things run more smoothly. I intend to change the way in which the forum is looked after on a daily basis, and to do this I need a larger team of Moderators.

If you feel you could make a regular contribution to the website in this way, please drop me a PM as an expression of interest and include a couple of lines saying why you feel you could do the job. I
f you're not interested yourself but want to recommend a member for us to approach to join the team - then likewise, please drop me a PM.

Apart from acknowledgements no correspondence will be entered into at this stage.

I'm not looking for large post counts; I'm looking for members who spend a good deal of time on here because Moderating really is a daily routine.

I'm afraid I can't consider members who have been issued warnings about their forum behaviour in the past.

I'd like to receive all applications before 1st September - if you really are a forum addict you should have seen this invite by then! :)

Once all expressions of interest are received, the Moderation team and I will consider the applications. I'll send some Moderating guidelines to those who we feel could fit the bill. They describe what you'll be expected to do and how to do it, and if you're happy with the expectations then we can chat to see if you want in.

Thanks in anticipation!

#2 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hi all

Just over a week left to put yourself forward! So far I have 31 expressions of interest - that's a great response!

Once I close the list I will chat with the Moderating team and we'll go through the list together. If there are a couple of members who I have to say 'thanks but not at this moment' to then I'll contact via PM.

With the remainder I'll send out the Moderating guidelines/expectations as per my first post.

Cheers all :)

#3 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi all

The deadline was midnight on Saturday. In all we have 34 applications to consider and we're doing the shortlisting now.

I'll be pm'ing everyone who has applied during the week.

Thanks everyone :)

#4 Hamster

Fully inebriated member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Apologies for the delay. I haven't been able to give time to this due to various circumstances. Will catch up soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users