Why become a member? ×

LPF/Envelope Filter with Expression output

woodyratm

Hey folks,
I'm looking for a pedal which can allow me to do filter swells or low pass swells. I know the Xerograph can do this but the cost new (thanks customs/taxes) and time to arrive is making me look at other units.

It needs to have a pretty small footprint (so the moog LPF is out!) and have an expression output. If it can be an envelope filter aswell as the low pass filter would be great (ala xerograph deluxe).

Anyone have any suggestions on units which would be suitable.

For an idea of sound - think the filtered bass part in City of Delusion by Muse (I think thats an FM4 but thats too large for my needs.)

Thanks.

Dave

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1375266770' post='2158963']
The standard Xero is pretty much the cheapest option mate, even with the import taxes. It's still going to be under half the price of a Moog or a custom unit.
[/quote]

Balls!
Might just need to bite the bullet then and order one - pray it sneaks through.

Cheers bud.

The Xerograph Deluxe is a great pedal :) However, if you are ordering direct from Iron Ether, do yourself a favour and don't look at any of the others, as you will do what i did and order 4 or 5 more! : :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1375276596' post='2159121']
The Xerograph Deluxe is a great pedal :) However, if you are ordering direct from Iron Ether, do yourself a favour and don't look at any of the others, as you will do what i did and order 4 or 5 more! : :lol:
[/quote]
Hahah i know! Was so tempted to take a loan out!

Just because I want a Xerograph...and Nimbus...and Frantabit...and SubT.... swear Taylor will bankrupt me!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1375276956' post='2159128']
Hahah i know! Was so tempted to take a loan out!

Just because I want a Xerograph...and Nimbus...and Frantabit...and SubT.... swear Taylor will bankrupt me!
[/quote]

The Frantabit is my latest GAS! Would look good alongside my Nimbus, Xerograph dlx, SubT and Polytope... Just a shame the Oxide can't really deal with high output actives, just too much string noise on the gated settings for me.

Anyways, back on topic...get a Xerograph ;)

All but my SubT were bought through Prymaxe Vintage, all got through customs to my home address without being caught in the net :) Although i take it you bought from eBay? As i see they have a few left on there, but they don't stock IE anymore as Taylor apparently put his prices up.

Edited by Kev

Sonuus Wahoo? It doesn't take up much more room than a separate filter and expression pedal and is the most versatile filter there is. Since it has dual filters, you can set it to do the vowel sounds on City Of Delusion controlled by either envelope, pedal, or LFO, or a combination, and even mix in some clean blend and add a bit of drive. They were on sale recently too direct from Sonuus, and there might be one for sale used on here too if it hasn't sold already.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1375306694' post='2159669']
Sonuus Wahoo? It doesn't take up much more room than a separate filter and expression pedal and is the most versatile filter there is. Since it has dual filters, you can set it to do the vowel sounds on City Of Delusion controlled by either envelope, pedal, or LFO, or a combination, and even mix in some clean blend and add a bit of drive. They were on sale recently too direct from Sonuus, and there might be one for sale used on here too if it hasn't sold already.
[/quote]

I would like to try one, but the sheer complexity of it completely puts me off. Would definitely like to try one but wouldn't consider buying one unless i had a go on it.

The Wahoo is easy enough to edit if you use the computer editor. I have one but I am not sure wither I will keep it. I bought it because it just sounded very interesting and in all fairness it is but just not for me. Also the money could be used for another IE pedal. I got the polytope from Kev and I love it.

Edited by skelf

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1375307721' post='2159698']
The Wahoo is easy enough to edit if you use the computer editor. I have one but I am not sure wither I will keep it. I bought it because it just sounded very interesting and in all fairness it is but just not for me. Also the money could be used for another IE pedal. I got the polytope from Kev and I love it.
[/quote]

And i missed the Polytope so much i bought Sk8's one last week!

With regards to the Wonderlove, for me it was much better than the Xerograph as a classic envelope filter, but the expression pedal function was great for a wah pedal effect, but not much more.

Oops, I don't really do pedals any more, but came across this thread and decided that I NEED a Zerograph. Just ordered one :-D
I did have a MF101 about nine years ago, but wasn't playing dub reggae back then, and couldn't cope with the lack of true bypass.
Shep, if it doesn't work out, you can have mine (if Dave keeps his)

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1375310022' post='2159741']
With regards to the Wonderlove, for me it was much better than the Xerograph as a classic envelope filter, but the expression pedal function was great for a wah pedal effect, but not much more.
[/quote]

The type of filter in the Wonderlove probably wouldn't give a steep enough cutoff for the filter sweep sound. I was just wondering if it was easy enough to put such a filter in a wah she'll would it be a worthwhile design exercise for this application. More research required...

• 2 years later...