Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Flying V Bass - help needed from an owner...

GrahamSmith

Hi folks,

Just bought a somewhat damaged Epiphone Flying V bass on eBay. On the underside edge of the body is a recess about 6" x 1" where something has been removed - see attached image file. Don't know what's missing and the guy I got it from didn't know either.

I wondered if anyone who has one of these guitars could photograph that bit and post on here or email to me?

Thanks

Graham

Don't know a lot about the epiphone and Gibson flying v's but I seem to remember a friend having a hohner or similar copy of s steinberg "cricket bat". Seem to recall it having some sort of flip down attachment to let you play it seated. Could be the same possibly?

I bid on this too.

Id hazzard a guess that Epiphone or some past owner with a router has attached some sort of anti slip strip there for sitting down. How does she play? I bid up to £100 with a view to upgrading and moving on.

Cheers

Col

Edited by Voodoosnake

No thats fine Graham, i would say it was a bargain at the price you got it for. I was just looking for a little upgrading project. It looks like you've solved the problem, a nicely cut piece of sticky backed foam or rubber should solve the eyesore.

Cool looking bass

i got the Ibanez on my signature for something like £60 and spent a £100 on upgrading. Back in my day (late 80s) it was THE bass to have for the newly emerged Thrash Metal sound. They are now unbelievably rare and it plays superbly. One of the remaining joys of eBay

Edited by Voodoosnake