Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN - Unsold* Alembic Mark King Signature
£2995

SimonEdward

:hi:

... My *MINT* condition Alembic 'Mark King' Signature long scale 4-string Bass. Comes with original US made hard-case.
Bought from the Bass Centre in London; late 2000. Never gigged. Kept in storage for 10-years from 2003. £2995.
NO OFFERS, PX or Trades please. Buyer Must collect in person.

----- Withdrawn & unsold -------

Edited by SimonEdward

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1376155615' post='2170364']
Beautiful bass & a fair price. BUMP!
[/quote]

[quote name='phsycoandy' timestamp='1376159945' post='2170429']
wow
[/quote]

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1376167999' post='2170535']
Don't you guys with Alembics realise the TORTURE you cause showing this sort of thing to the rest of us!!!!!

What a gorgeous bass, best of luck... one day :gas:
[/quote]

:hi: Thanks guys for stopping by.. your comments and free BUMPS!! The reason for Sale? Oh, um.. $%^&*.. I like my Jaydee Basses more? I'll get me coat..

Nice collection ! I used to have an Alembic Mark King and it was a great bass...its looks were so stunning that in the end I traded it in for a beaten-up sixties Fender because I was too worried when I took it along to a gig being worried that something could happen to it..

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1376392833' post='2173159']
Nurse!
The screens!

Aaaaaaaghhh
[/quote][quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1376398406' post='2173308']
Nice collection ! I used to have an Alembic Mark King and it was a great bass...its looks were so stunning that in the end I traded it in for a beaten-up sixties Fender because I was too worried when I took it along to a gig being worried that something could happen to it..
[/quote]

:D Thanks for your comments!! :D I gave into temptation one day, a very long time ago.. I can empathize with not wanting to take it anywhere - as she's beautiful.

BUMP!

I had a gig in Antwerp once and I took the Alembic with me.. afterwards I was loading the bass into my old Opel Corsa which was parked aside the bar.
As I was doing this, one of the customers came out and said "You do know that that bass you were holding is worth more than this car" :-)
When I traded it in for the Fender a week later someone walked into a bass shop and said that he was looking for an Alembic, a bass he had heard recently.. the owner showed him the Alembic formerly mine and sold it to him. It turned out to be the customer who made the comment about my car.. it's a small world.
Good luck with your sale... !

Bought from the Bass Centre back in the Wapping days? Late 2000... Hmmm, I was in the LMS college upstairs then, have a feeling I've played this bass! Couldn't afford it then, can't now, but will vouch for its awesomeness!

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1376598430' post='2176756']
I had a gig in Antwerp once and I took the Alembic with me.. afterwards I was loading the bass into my old Opel Corsa which was parked aside the bar.
As I was doing this, one of the customers came out and said "You do know that that bass you were holding is worth more than this car" :-)
When I traded it in for the Fender a week later someone walked into a bass shop and said that he was looking for an Alembic, a bass he had heard recently.. the owner showed him the Alembic formerly mine and sold it to him. It turned out to be the customer who made the comment about my car.. it's a small world.
Good luck with your sale... !

That's cool man! :D The only thing I can empathize with, is that I have an old car from 1996 (with two previous owners), which is worth less than £1000 insurance value.. but I've had her for nine-years and I know her inside out; all her faults, where she leaks, work that needs doing.. If I had a newer car, I would be lost!! :rolleyes:

[/quote][quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1376599331' post='2176774']
Bought from the Bass Centre back in the Wapping days? Late 2000... Hmmm, I was in the LMS college upstairs then, have a feeling I've played this bass! Couldn't afford it then, can't now, but will vouch for its awesomeness!
[/quote]

:D ah-ha! So that was YOU shaking the boards upstairs!! I always wondered who that was... Would you believe me if I said that I bought the 'bic without even playing it? because I was worried that if I didn't buy it at that moment, somebody else would see it and take it instead?!?! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1376733004' post='2178465']
Lush...... B)

Cocobolo top???
[/quote]

:hi: It is a cocobolo top - pretty much standard for a Signature series. If you like mine, you might these? head on over to the Alembic club..

[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/411/411.html"]http://alembic.com/club/messages/411/411.html[/url]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1376833023' post='2179651']
Lovely looking...I'm drooling as I write...probably sounds as good as it looks...good luck with the sale...
[/quote]

:) Hey! thanks for dropping by.. and for the good luck message.. one day she will depart - - - - - - - - - and then I will probably wish I had her back!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Agree fully with 3050. They are to be played. I have never regretted using mine on stage. Just be careful - no shirt buttons, belt buckles etc and you will do no harm. I always have my belt buckle on my left side out of the way of the back of my guitars, and hey Ho - no buckle rash. Easy peaty fellas.