Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - September 8th, 2013

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1377204367' post='2184876']
Forgot to mention.. I'll be bringing this lot:

..and my Roscoe Beck IV.

And, if the planets align, I'll be bringing some new gear along loaned by the manufacturer to give it its UK debut. :)
[/quote]

Sounds exciting WoT - I'll be there at some point - Looking forward to seeing some old faces again.

Steve

[quote name='gazhowe' timestamp='1376509591' post='2175283']
I'm planning to go too as I missed the last one.
[/quote] .....and I'm hoping to be coming along with Gaz - shifts permitting :rolleyes: I'll bring some basses, an extremely small amp, and my stageClix wireless for peeps to try out. Johna :happy:

does anyone have an Aguilar tonehammer 500 amp they could bring along? or a markbass littlemark? I would love to hear some different small heads through the midgets.

i'm not sure if the concrete bass will be making anappearance, i've got hold of it but it needs a fair amount of tlc to get it playing and i might be pushed for time before the bash.

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1377603588' post='2189214']

i'm not sure if the concrete bass will be making anappearance, i've got hold of it but it needs a fair amount of tlc to get it playing and i might be pushed for time before the bash.
[/quote]
Bring it as a show piece anyway!

Dan

edit *oops wrong bash... ah well never mind the point still stands*

Just met bluejay for a trade who has got me interested in coming along to this... Wonderful lady, if half of those attending are as passionate about bass as she is it'll be a wonderful day....

Not sure I can really bring anything along to compete with the spoils currently on offer though... Maybe I'll bring a looper for a demo.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1377714875' post='2190807']
edit *oops wrong bash... ah well never mind the point still stands*

Just met bluejay for a trade who has got me interested in coming along to this... Wonderful lady, if half of those attending are as passionate about bass as she is it'll be a wonderful day....

Not sure I can really bring anything along to compete with the spoils currently on offer though... Maybe I'll bring a looper for a demo.

Rob
[/quote]

Are you coming all the way up North for this then Bluejay??

[quote name='funkypenguin' timestamp='1377799366' post='2192086']
Are you coming all the way up North for this then Bluejay??
[/quote]

I wish! Unfortunately too out of my way. Rob meant to post that on the [i]South East[/i] Bass Bash thread (and he did, eventually). Never say never, though, I may attend one of the future meetups in the North, who knows :)

[quote name='tm486' timestamp='1378381045' post='2199354']
Hi,

I've never been to one of these before but this is just across the tyne from me. This might sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is it? Just an opportunity to admire and maybe try some interesting kit?

Cheers,

Tom
[/quote]

Hiya Tom

That's exactly what it is. Lots (hopefully) of players, lots of gear, lots of chat. Nothing formal whatsover.

Bring your gear, or just yourself. It's up to you!

...news just in:

In a UK exclusive, [url="http://www.tks.se"]TKS Engineering[/url] in Sweden have sent across a few of their new cabs for us to have a play with. Hopefully the postman won't be late...!

[b]Extra light 112 (L112)[/b]
8 kg, neodymium speaker (There will also be a matching L212 available - around 14 kg). In white vinyl and cloth grille:

[b]1126[/b]
Neo 12" and 6" mid. In tweed vinyl and cloth grille:

[b]S115 with tweeter[/b]
Standard finish - black vinyl and steel grille:

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1378381328' post='2199361']
Hiya Tom

That's exactly what it is. Lots (hopefully) of players, lots of gear, lots of chat. Nothing formal whatsover.

Bring your gear, or just yourself. It's up to you!
[/quote]

Cool, sounds good, I'll most likely be along at some point then. I've not exactly got any interesting gear, but I might bring the bass along.

Cheers,

Tom