Why become a member? ×

Bass Player wanted for European tours/UK gigs from October

bluesrecruiters

[color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
Must be available to travel and gig from October.[/size][/font][/color]
You wont earn a fortune as we're a blues/blues-rock band - not a function band.[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
But you will travel and play festivals and gigs all over Europe & the UK.[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
Expenses (travel, accommodation, food etc) taken up by the band. [/size][/font][/color]
Must be experienced - though feel is more important than being a technical wizard. [/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
Applicants of all ages welcome.[/size][/font][/color]
We provide tab, chords and mp3s to all songs.[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
Video auditions welcome. A contribution will be give to those willing to travel for an audition.[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
Audition consists of 10 songs.[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
We are based in Yorkshire but we tour in Europe & do gigs & festivals all over the UK.[/size][/font][/color]
Email for more details: [email protected][/size][/font][/color]

Will drop you an email later on but can you give me an idea of the dates in October?

Also, don’t suppose that you can say who is involved in the band (just out of curiosity – I’m kinda local so I might know them or have played on the same bill as them, etc)??

Edited by peteb

I contacted them and got the following info:

"
We're based in Hull -

If you go to :
[url="http://www.youtube.com/steelyardblues"]www.youtube.com/steelyardblues[/url]

Have a listen and view the videos, there's quite a variety of material here - so it's worth looking at them all as videos are often tailored to particular venues.
The band are primarily blues rock but we also play Classic rock, some prog rock, rock n roll and also some original work.
We play mainly in mainland Europe and a few times in the UK.

So if you like the material and like to travel, reply to our email address
([email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email])
and we will arrange a audition ,send you a few mp3s to learn and supply you with more info.

We're looking for somebody who is available to tour in October (1st tour is 9th - 21st).
As far as time commitment goes, we normally do around 6 tours per year in Europe of around 10-12 days each.
This varies of course & may be occasionally slightly shorter or longer.
We also play some gigs and festivals in the UK in between but they are normally on weekends so shouldn't really interfere with work.

You'll have lots of experiences, travel a fair bit & make some money (though you won't earn a fortune as stated in the ad).
All touring expenses will also be covered (ferries, transport/diesel, hotels, 2 meals per day & at most foreign venues, free beer).
PLEASE REPLY QUICKLY IF YOU'RE INTERESTED & WANT TO AUDITION."

I decided it wasn't for me. But I hope the above is useful.

• 2 months later...

Saw them at my local pub the other week. Decent pub band but surprised they get that much work that it could be turned into a full time occupation. They obviously got someone to do it though, really tall bloke who looked like he had ability far beyond what he was being asked to play. Very little stage presence as an actual band though which was odd considering how long they have been going.

Edited by KevB