Why become a member? ×

FS; Four Warwick Basses
£1500

EndofSilence

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Reducing the Warwick Streamer Stage 1 Six string to £600. Had a massive leak in the house which damaged several of my bass guitars due to damp. Took it to a tech about a month back and found there were problems with the neck, more specifically dead frets in the upper part of the fretboard. He managed to fix it but the trussrod has been wound to it's maximum tightness though. I've now had it out of said damp environment for about two months so that may have helped the neck but it's more than likely it will need a new trussrod.

[quote name='EndofSilence' timestamp='1413759098' post='2581675']
Reducing the Warwick Streamer Stage 1 Six string to £600. Had a massive leak in the house which damaged several of my bass guitars due to damp. Took it to a tech about a month back and found there were problems with the neck, more specifically dead frets in the upper part of the fretboard. He managed to fix it but the trussrod has been wound to it's maximum tightness though. I've now had it out of said damp environment for about two months so that may have helped the neck but it's more than likely it will need a new trussrod.
[/quote]

That's rough dude. I often wondered what I'd to if anything happened to my basses. Most probably sit in a corner somewhere and cry. :P
If I was in the market for a 6 I'd have loved to try this out. GLWTS

Bump.

To answer the question, no the neck isn't warped neither is the trussrod at it's max setting as I took it to the tech and he managed to tigthen it up even further without damaging the neck or trussrod and without getting close to the max. There is however a bow in the neck that they haven't been able to get out of it yet and as a result the neck is still quite forward at the moment.

Cheers Tandro :)

Edited by EndofSilence

• 2 months later...